d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > One Piece Manga Discussion > ~discuss The Manga Only~
Prev1187188189190191753Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,463.00
Oct 18 2010 09:49am
Quote (kasey21 @ Oct 18 2010 09:18am)
Mine is more based on how people keep saying that Blackbeard's body has always been "weird". and how Zoro and Luffy called him "them" and not "he"

mind shooting me the link to your theory?
Gold: 2.90
Oct 18 2010 09:57am
Kizaru is a logia, and he was evenly matched with Rayleigh, a supposed haki master. Having haki isn't an automatic deal breaker, one's ability to fight can change things. Only logia types who foolishly rely entirely on their ability alone will find haki as a dealbreaker.

As a side note, I think it would be more fun if Coby took the role of main rival, but given their friendship being as openly strong as it is, and how weak coby has always been and currently is, it just doesn't seem likely.

Quote (ben6660 @ Oct 18 2010 08:24am)
never said it was ONLY for fighting
lol and what are they using their powers for? :O FIGHTING
:rofl: nione i mean NONE of the characters in OP can take in 2Dfruits at the same time

if u try to troll make sure u dont get huge facts wrong

Blackbeard.

-----

The writers could always invent a way for luffy to have a second ability. As for now, I think haki's the new big thing. A second ability wouldn't come for a loooong time, if ever.

Plus, luffy's a rubber man. I doubt they'd change the pride of the main character so easily.

This post was edited by Black487 on Oct 18 2010 09:59am
Gold: 828.35
Oct 18 2010 10:05am
Quote (kasey21 @ Oct 18 2010 09:18pm)
Mine is more based on how people keep saying that Blackbeard's body has always been "weird". and how Zoro and Luffy called him "them" and not "he"

the cerberus theory?

This post was edited by Mokuton on Oct 18 2010 10:07am
Gold: 4,230.00
Oct 18 2010 10:13am
Quote (Mokuton @ Oct 18 2010 11:05am)
the cerberus theory?

http://mokuton2.com/reader/mangas/One%20Piece/225/016.jpg

mine isn't based on Cerebrus. Mine is based on more of something that is unknown but It comes down to that Blackbeard has two souls or two presences. a cerebrus fruit does not give you the ability of two souls which is a must. =P

e/ two souls could have many causes for it. So that is all i say about it =P

This post was edited by kasey21 on Oct 18 2010 10:14am
Oct 18 2010 10:23am
Quote (kasey21 @ Oct 19 2010 12:13am)
mine isn't based on Cerebrus. Mine is based on more of something that is unknown but It comes down to that Blackbeard has two souls or two presences. a cerebrus fruit does not give you the ability of two souls which is a must. =P

what exactly happened here?

"zuki" ?

------------------------
edit/

blackbeard's flag

how did he do this?

This post was edited by Mokuton on Oct 18 2010 10:30am
Gold: 2,001.67
Oct 18 2010 10:28am
Quote (Black487 @ 18 Oct 2010 16:57)
Kizaru is a logia, and he was evenly matched with Rayleigh, a supposed haki master. Having haki isn't an automatic deal breaker, one's ability to fight can change things. Only logia types who foolishly rely entirely on their ability alone will find haki as a dealbreaker.

As a side note, I think it would be more fun if Coby took the role of main rival, but given their friendship being as openly strong as it is, and how weak coby has always been and currently is, it just doesn't seem likely.

Blackbeard.

-----

The writers could always invent a way for luffy to have a second ability. As for now, I think haki's the new big thing. A second ability wouldn't come for a loooong time, if ever.

Plus, luffy's a rubber man. I doubt they'd change the pride of the main character so easily.

ye saw later on :D
Gold: 2,001.67
Oct 18 2010 10:30am
Quote (kasey21 @ 18 Oct 2010 17:13)

say ur theory then :D
Gold: 4,230.00
Oct 18 2010 10:45am
Quote (Mokuton @ Oct 18 2010 11:23am)
what exactly happened here?

"zuki" ?

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/5562/opbb.jpg

------------------------
edit/

blackbeard's flag
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/5138/38jpeg.jpg

how did he do this?

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/300/shanks1.jpg

Im not sure what you are asking? i don't know what zuki means?.. am i suppose to? lol.. don't really know Romaji =P . and as for all proof for the cerebrus theory. I'm not saying there is a 0 percent chance. However, I don't believe it that is what it is. And it is not a fact that BB ate a cerebrus fruit. or it wouldn't be a Cerebrus theory. I'm not one to shun theories since it would only make me look stupid when/if it comes true =P .

Quote (ben6660 @ Oct 18 2010 11:30am)
say ur theory then :D

hmmm.. My theory really is more of a hypothesis. I didn't want to spend hours on it looking up every little bit of proof i could come up with and spend paragraphs trying to disprove other theories.. lol. Also it is more in sync w/ BB and haki + why the yami yami no mi fruit + how he is able to 2 devil fruit powers but here it is:

I have seen many theories on how BB attained 2 devil fruits. From him eating the Cerberus fruit to "it is just an ability granted from the yami yami no mi". However when it comes to Haki, not much is said other than he has it or he doesn't have it. But the way I see it, is that the two have a lot to do with each other.

I'd like to start with Haki and just what Blackbeard knows and can do with it. I believe that Blackbeard was one of those people who tried to awaken their haki but failed. This is the reason he has a vast knowledge of haki, seen as he can even measure the amount of haki one has, but has not been seen using it.

His inability to learn haki is what drove him to want the yami yami no mi as the only means to hit a Logia would be haki otherwise.

The next thing to mention is how was he able to obtain 2 devil fruit powers without any side effects. This, although not fully explained, can be due to the fact that "Blackbeard's body has always been weird". I believe that Blackbeard's yami yami no mi is not what is giving him the ability to harness the power of another devil fruit but the make-up of his body/soul, which has been stated as "always weird" in the manga. I'm not sure on the details as what could have been weird about his body, but Luffy and Zoro give us a hint, on Jaya, when they say "it's not he", "It's they". This leads me to believe that Blackbeard may have been born with 2 souls or presences. As Blackbeard could have been a twin in which his brother/sister died while still in the womb and the soul jumped bodies. However this might be far-fetched, but the point is the reason he is allowed 2 devil fruits is because his body is weird and not the effect of some other fruit.

After he became aware of his possible chance of obtaining 2 devil fruits, he had to think of a fruit that would compliment his fruit. This is when he thought of the major weakness in his fruit, in which he has to be making physical contact with the person in order to take away their ability and make them tangible once more when it comes to Logias. He needed a fruit that could increase the damage he does in a single punch to either severely weaken the enemy or to completely knock them out in that one. The reason being that it could be quite difficult catching a Logia off-guard once he figures out the fact that he can make them tangible again. Therefore the possibility of Blackbeard catching the Logia again slims since they are aware of what Blackbeard can do.

This is when he thought of WB's fruit. WB's Gura Gura no mi would allow him to 1 hit KO and/or heavily damage a person in the one hit. This allows him to win before the Logia's can actually strike back. The only step left was stealing the devil power from WB.

and that is all she wrote =P. LOL. I didn't make this a thread as I didn't want to look up the proofs. this is running off memory which is pretty accurate =P
Oct 18 2010 11:26am
Quote (kasey21 @ Oct 19 2010 12:45am)
Im not sure what you are asking? i don't know what zuki means?.. am i suppose to? lol.. don't really know Romaji =P . and as for all proof for the cerebrus theory. I'm not saying there is a 0 percent chance. However, I don't believe it that is what it is. And it is not a fact that BB ate a cerebrus fruit. or it wouldn't be a Cerebrus theory. I'm not one to shun theories since it would only make me look stupid when/if it comes true =P .

hmmm.. My theory really is more of a hypothesis. I didn't want to spend hours on it looking up every little bit of proof i could come up with and spend paragraphs trying to disprove other theories.. lol. Also it is more in sync w/ BB and haki + why the yami yami no mi fruit + how he is able to 2 devil fruit powers but here it is:

I have seen many theories on how BB attained 2 devil fruits. From him eating the Cerberus fruit to "it is just an ability granted from the yami yami no mi". However when it comes to Haki, not much is said other than he has it or he doesn't have it. But the way I see it, is that the two have a lot to do with each other.

I'd like to start with Haki and just what Blackbeard knows and can do with it. I believe that Blackbeard was one of those people who tried to awaken their haki but failed. This is the reason he has a vast knowledge of haki, seen as he can even measure the amount of haki one has, but has not been seen using it.

His inability to learn haki is what drove him to want the yami yami no mi as the only means to hit a Logia would be haki otherwise.

The next thing to mention is how was he able to obtain 2 devil fruit powers without any side effects. This, although not fully explained, can be due to the fact that "Blackbeard's body has always been weird". I believe that Blackbeard's yami yami no mi is not what is giving him the ability to harness the power of another devil fruit but the make-up of his body/soul, which has been stated as "always weird" in the manga. I'm not sure on the details as what could have been weird about his body, but Luffy and Zoro give us a hint, on Jaya, when they say "it's not he", "It's they". This leads me to believe that Blackbeard may have been born with 2 souls or presences. As Blackbeard could have been a twin in which his brother/sister died while still in the womb and the soul jumped bodies. However this might be far-fetched, but the point is the reason he is allowed 2 devil fruits is because his body is weird and not the effect of some other fruit.

After he became aware of his possible chance of obtaining 2 devil fruits, he had to think of a fruit that would compliment his fruit. This is when he thought of the major weakness in his fruit, in which he has to be making physical contact with the person in order to take away their ability and make them tangible once more when it comes to Logias. He needed a fruit that could increase the damage he does in a single punch to either severely weaken the enemy or to completely knock them out in that one. The reason being that it could be quite difficult catching a Logia off-guard once he figures out the fact that he can make them tangible again. Therefore the possibility of Blackbeard catching the Logia again slims since they are aware of what Blackbeard can do.

This is when he thought of WB's fruit. WB's Gura Gura no mi would allow him to 1 hit KO and/or heavily damage a person in the one hit. This allows him to win before the Logia's can actually strike back. The only step left was stealing the devil power from WB.

and that is all she wrote =P. LOL. I didn't make this a thread as I didn't want to look up the proofs. this is running off memory which is pretty accurate =P

so he couldn't master haki and instead he waited for 20 years, killed thatch and stole the only fruit which can neutralise the other devil fruit abilities?

but then how did he gauge the haki level of luffy? just by knowledge? i don't think so. maybe he can use the haki like this but can't master it completely?

--

what do you think about shanks's scar?

three scratches, how did he do that?
Gold: 0.00
Oct 18 2010 11:37am
Quote (kasey21 @ Oct 18 2010 12:45pm)
Im not sure what you are asking? i don't know what zuki means?.. am i suppose to? lol.. don't really know Romaji =P . and as for all proof for the cerebrus theory. I'm not saying there is a 0 percent chance. However, I don't believe it that is what it is. And  it is not a fact that BB ate a cerebrus fruit. or it wouldn't be a Cerebrus theory. I'm not one to shun theories since it would only make me look stupid when/if it comes true =P .

you guys really get into your one piece
Go Back To Anime Topic List
Prev1187188189190191753Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll