d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > One Piece *anime* Discussion > Discuss The One Piece *anime* Only!
Prev1133134135136137376Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 100.00
Warn: 30%
Jan 30 2011 02:13am
Quote (Black487 @ Jan 30 2011 01:11am)
What else was censored besides the face thing?  Been awhile since I read this chapter.

he dies with swords in his body here

Gold: 20.00
Jan 30 2011 02:15am
Edward Newgate...truly one of the last good pirates.
Gold: 2.90
Jan 30 2011 02:20am
Quote (TR0LL @ Jan 30 2011 04:13am)
he dies with swords in his body here

http://i9.mangareader.net/one-piece/576/one-piece-1226897.jpg

Ah, when I first watched the episode I was expecting the swords. When they never happened I kind of forgot about it.

They also drastically lowered the amount of damage he received. They only mentioned getting shot 267 times and 46 cannons.

Not 267 stabs, 562 bullets, and 46 cannonballs.

Plus the missing face and all that.

Yeah, the anime was waaaay watered down.
Jan 30 2011 02:32am
Same thing happened in Chapter 222 when they introduce Bellamy the Hyena.

When he's playing cards in the manga, he stabs the guys hand, shoots him in the thigh, breaks a bottle over his head and lights him on fire THEN kicks him out the window.

Whereas just in the anime he just grabs his arm, they *allude* to him potentially being shot and then kick him out the window.
Gold: 24.40
Jan 30 2011 10:47am
Quote (Black487 @ Jan 30 2011 08:20am)
Ah, when I first watched the episode I was expecting the swords.  When they never happened I kind of forgot about it. 

They also drastically lowered the amount of damage he received.  They only mentioned getting shot 267 times and 46 cannons. 

Not 267 stabs, 562 bullets, and 46 cannonballs. 

Plus the missing face and all that. 

Yeah, the anime was waaaay watered down.

have u guys ever thought that they wanted to make it a tiny bit more realistic?
being shot that many times with half of his face blown away seems abit far fetched... even for this show.

This post was edited by Marley on Jan 30 2011 10:48am
Jan 30 2011 11:24am
Quote (Marley @ Jan 30 2011 12:47pm)
have u guys ever thought that they wanted to make it a tiny bit more realistic?
being shot that many times with half of his face blown away seems abit far fetched... even for this show.

And yet devil fruits and flying your boat up to sky island is less far fetched.

Meanwhile we have the worlds strongest man, who's easily two and a half times the size of anybody else (so bullets and swords are two and a half times smaller than compared to normal people). He's practically a monster.

Still, this is a story where a 17 year old luffy can rip the bow off the cat pirates massive ship (usopp's arc) with his bare hands. Where giraffes can cut buildings in half (impel down).

Whitebeard's crazy endurance is a little less far fetched than most of what happens in this show.
Gold: 24.40
Jan 30 2011 11:53am
Quote (Black487 @ Jan 30 2011 05:24pm)
And yet devil fruits and flying your boat up to sky island is less far fetched. 

Meanwhile we have the worlds strongest man, who's easily two and a half times the size of anybody else (so bullets and swords are two and a half times smaller than compared to normal people).  He's practically a monster. 

Still, this is a story where a 17 year old luffy can rip the bow off the cat pirates massive ship (usopp's arc) with his bare hands.  Where giraffes can cut buildings in half (impel down). 

Whitebeard's crazy endurance is a little less far fetched than most of what happens in this show.

u missed the point entirely...
or u just chose to ignore it =/

all of that is part of the show, therefor it is not far fetched.
literally having half of ur head blown off, being shot/cut/impaled an impossible amount of times... i mean come on dude, it is just way too far fetched.

ace died from a single punch through his chest.
oars prolly took less damage than whitebeard before he fell.
Gold: 4.83
Jan 30 2011 12:03pm
Quote (Marley @ Jan 30 2011 12:53pm)
u missed the point entirely...
or u just chose to ignore it =/

all of that is part of the show, therefor it is not far fetched.
literally having half of ur head blown off, being shot/cut/impaled an impossible amount of times... i mean come on dude, it is just way too far fetched.

ace died from a single punch through his chest.
oars prolly took less damage than whitebeard before he fell.

You're the one missing the point. Getting a part of your head blown off is too far fetched you say? That's exactly the point. Whitebeard was so powerful that his strength was unrealistic. Taking all that damage and continuing to fight is the author's way of portraying this trait. A third party cannot just come in and alter the story to improve upon the work. Why? Because manga/anime is art. The author has an idea and he wants you to share the same idea. He portrays the idea through beautiful things so that you may understand it. That is art. When another person modifies the idea, it is no longer the author's idea.

The only reason the anime is watered down is because of censorship, plain and simple.

Gold: 4.01
Warn: 10%
Jan 30 2011 12:17pm
Quote (i_r_slayer @ Jan 30 2011 02:03pm)
You're the one missing the point. Getting a part of your head blown off is too far fetched you say? That's exactly the point. Whitebeard was so powerful that his strength was unrealistic. Taking all that damage and continuing to fight is the author's way of portraying this trait. A third party cannot just come in and alter the story to improve upon the work. Why? Because manga/anime is art. The author has an idea and he wants you to share the same idea. He portrays the idea through beautiful things so that you may understand it. That is art. When another person modifies the idea, it is no longer the author's idea.

The only reason the anime is watered down is because of censorship, plain and simple.

This

Was epic

Bolded the important

This post was edited by RedPacman on Jan 30 2011 12:18pm
Jan 30 2011 12:21pm
Quote (i_r_slayer @ Jan 30 2011 02:03pm)

I'll just borrow this well-written argument instead of writing another one.

The unrealistic strength of whitebeard is part of the show as much as devil fruits. It's what made him the worlds greatest. From early on in the show we'd been hinted at the whitebeards as something to behold.

As an unrelated side note. His strength was due in part not because of desire for material treasures but rather from the family he'd surrounded himself with. He lived to protect, and he lived to live. Sort of like Luffy.

Pretty cool.

Quote (Mokuton @ Jan 30 2011 01:58am)
horriblesubs ep 485 out @animetake

and all
http://bit.ly/dJQXHD

I might make a signature out of this.

It'd make a pretty good one.

This post was edited by Black487 on Jan 30 2011 12:28pm
Go Back To Anime Topic List
Prev1133134135136137376Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll