d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > Iso Anime I May Have Missed
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,014.00
May 12 2024 03:00am
Hello everyone,

So here's the thing, I'm a pretty big anime fan. Definitely an otaku. 33, married, wife watches anime but not as much as me. I attend cons, but I'm probably more versed in anime then most of the con-goers. I love finding new anime to binge and keeping up with the seasonal anime as they come out, at least the decent ones anyways.. I am critical, not easily impressed by cheap, rushed flops that seem to saturate the recent lists of modern anime. If the writing is good, if the dialogue has intelligence and the development of the characters and world building is at its center, then I'm satisfied. I can easily tell if heart was put into an anime when creating it or if it wasn't, if budget was higher for the times than others around it or if it was cheaper. I need true fans here to give me some hints on anime I may have missed in the last 15 years. Those hidden gems that, may or may not have been mainstream, but were good enough to capture your interests, or maybe even greater than the ones with better marketing strategy. I'm not going to post my list of hundreds of anime I've seen over the past 20 years, but ill list a few well known anime that I think were really good from all different genres. Please also avoid all super duper mainstreams (Naruto, Bleach, One piece, Demon Slayer, Etc. yes I've seen them lol)

RomComs: My teen romantic comedy SNAFU, Rascal does not dream of bunny girl senpai, Love is War

Action: Demon Slayer, FMA, AOT, SAO, HxH, JK, code Geass (this genre is easy to be good tbh if effort is made, itll be good)

mystery: Another, Erased, Shiki, Summertime Render, Gosick.

Adventure: Made in Abyss(great anime) Gibli Movies in general, Samurai Champloo, cowboy beebop

Isakai: Mushoku Tensei (first season was peak, story is still awesome in s2 just slower now) No game no Life, RE:Zero, Grimgar of fantasy and ash

Horror: When they cry :P (disturbing haha), Elfen Leid (great), Deadman wonderland (not really horror), Berserk ?

Drama: Kimi No Na Wa(your name), Steins Gate, Your Lie in april, I want to eat your pancreas, Clanad, josie & the tiger& the fish, RE:life

TLDR: Find me your hidden gems, no mainstreams, avoid at least the last couple years probably, though I may have missed it if it isn't rated super high for some reason. Thank you!

This post was edited by SweetVictory on May 12 2024 03:02am
Gold: 0.00
May 12 2024 12:11pm
You have given us a fun task, I'll get back at you.
Gold: 60,587.69
May 12 2024 09:27pm
Quote (Stauf @ May 13 2024 03:11am)
You have given us a fun task, I'll get back at you.

Looks like we have a worthy opponent.
Ill recommend some stuff after i read what uve seen
May 12 2024 10:12pm
Another was one of my first favorites when introduced to anime.

Hmm. I will list some, I am on mobile so I can't see your list at the same time, forgive me if there are any repeats.

Assuming you have Netflix. Hulu and or CR, I only use CR atm sometimes Hulu

Undead Unluck and The Fable are on Hulu

Yatagarusu, currently airing.
Mysterious Disappeaences might be something you like
Slime - Fuck Slime
Windbreaker and Tokyo Revengers were/are kinda mainstream, buy still good
Black Butler
Parasite Dolls
The Witch and the Beast
11eyes (not sure if that was mainstream)
High Card
Meiji Gekken: 1874, old age samurai type anime
Laughing Under the Clouds
Record of Grancrest War
Records of Ragnarok - Netflix
Ron Kamonohashi's Forbidden Deductions and Undead Murder Farce both mystery anime.
Did you see Suzune Movie?
Fire Force
Puppet Princess - Good movie imo
Ninja Scroll
Sword of a Stranger - Also good movie
My Home Hero
Revenger
Monster I heard was a masterpiece
Chrono Crusade
Angels of Death
Hitori no Shita: The Outcast ♥
K series

I dunno I have a lot on my list, based on your interests being similar to mine, I hope some of these help. I see you said last couple of years, so maybe a lot of that list might not be good, but would check some of them.

This post was edited by Stauf on May 12 2024 10:18pm
Gold: 1,014.00
May 12 2024 11:46pm
Quote (Stauf @ May 12 2024 11:12pm)
Another was one of my first favorites when introduced to anime.

Hmm. I will list some, I am on mobile so I can't see your list at the same time, forgive me if there are any repeats.

Assuming you have Netflix. Hulu and or CR, I only use CR atm sometimes Hulu

Undead Unluck and The Fable are on Hulu

Yatagarusu, currently airing.
Mysterious Disappeaences might be something you like
Slime - Fuck Slime
Windbreaker and Tokyo Revengers were/are kinda mainstream, buy still good
Black Butler
Parasite Dolls
The Witch and the Beast
11eyes (not sure if that was mainstream)
High Card
Meiji Gekken: 1874, old age samurai type anime
Laughing Under the Clouds
Record of Grancrest War
Records of Ragnarok - Netflix
Ron Kamonohashi's Forbidden Deductions and Undead Murder Farce both mystery anime.
Did you see Suzune Movie?
Fire Force
Puppet Princess - Good movie imo
Ninja Scroll
Sword of a Stranger - Also good movie
My Home Hero
Revenger
Monster I heard was a masterpiece
Chrono Crusade
Angels of Death
Hitori no Shita: The Outcast ♥
K series

I dunno I have a lot on my list, based on your interests being similar to mine, I hope some of these help. I see you said last couple of years, so maybe a lot of that list might not be good, but would check some of them.

Thanks for the thought out reply. I took a few of those down on a list I'm making of anime to try out. I have seen or are planning to watch a lot of those already as they are quite new and I do know about them. Especially the currently airing ones or last season or two. I never heard of "laughing under the clouds", so I added that one. I've known about Forbidden deductions, it seemed interesting, but wasnt sure about it, but ill add that too. I also have high card on my list. Hitori no shita Ive seen clips of, looked interesting, but never gave it a shot because myanimelist has it at a 6.8 rating for first season, but it is worth it? Chrono Crusade, I've never seen, and it is older so I will definitely check that out, thats what im talking about, I miss the older anime that were fantastic. New stuff can be amazing as well, but like cowboy beebop, Noir, OG Trigun, Berserk, evangelion, they dont make them like that anymore. Appreciate your post my dude!

This post was edited by SweetVictory on May 12 2024 11:51pm
Gold: 60,587.69
May 13 2024 03:50am
Quote (Stauf @ May 13 2024 01:12pm)
Slime - Fuck Slime

nice one bro

Quote (SweetVictory @ May 12 2024 06:00pm)
TLDR: Find me your hidden gems, no mainstreams, avoid at least the last couple years probably, though I may have missed it if it isn't rated super high for some reason. Thank you!

did you watch Henjin no salad bowl? its the one im currently watching
its another isekai anime
pretty fun so far
Gold: 5,537.69
May 13 2024 10:24am
drifters one of my favs underrated imo
May 13 2024 07:04pm
GTO? Think it was still only back door accessible at the time to be called main stream here
Gold: 63,687.00
May 13 2024 11:22pm
Quote (Stauf @ 14 May 2024 03:04)
GTO? Think it was still only back door accessible at the time to be called main stream here

Yes it's kind of old. do you remember Slam Dunk? :P (It's pretty old Too )

This post was edited by Lunamaria on May 13 2024 11:23pm
May 14 2024 09:22am
Quote (Lunamaria @ 14 May 2024 01:22)
Yes it's kind of old. do you remember Slam Dunk? :P (It's pretty old Too )

Why do these anime still seem not that old.

Similar to NES and Sega Master System

Lol I remember that. Vaguely. I know it came out sometime in the 90s right? I had watched that on well, you already know. Was already 'old' at that point too.

First game for game boy outside of Tetris, was Fist of the North Star, had no idea it was an anime until later years. 😂
Go Back To Anime Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll