d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Avengers: Infinity War > Thoughts? Predictions...wants/do Nots
Prev18910111214Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,025.00
May 4 2018 05:39pm
Quote (Flameyes @ May 4 2018 04:32pm)
lol the conflict in the dark knight was pretty "big" it's not like the joker just tried to kill 5 people he was out there blowing up hospitals and threatening cruise ships

He threatened to kill a ferry full of people. That is extremely tame compared to literally every other super hero movie that exists.
Gold: 5,475.04
May 4 2018 05:48pm
Quote (Blah58 @ May 4 2018 07:39pm)
He threatened to kill a ferry full of people. That is extremely tame compared to literally every other super hero movie that exists.

There are a lot of them with more personal conflicts that don't really have whole-world consequences. Iron man is virtually a 1v1 with the outcome only deciding whether stark industries will sell weapons. in Wonder Woman she is just fighting with ares because she thinks killing him will make men peaceful, when regardless of the outcome their nature would stay the same. Spider-Man homecoming was just Spider-Man vs vulture's crew and if he lost they would just sell some of starks stuff on the black market and maybe steal a few more things, etc
May 4 2018 06:36pm
Quote (Flameyes @ May 4 2018 04:48pm)
There are a lot of them with more personal conflicts that don't really have whole-world consequences. Iron man is virtually a 1v1 with the outcome only deciding whether stark industries will sell weapons. in Wonder Woman she is just fighting with ares because she thinks killing him will make men peaceful, when regardless of the outcome their nature would stay the same. Spider-Man homecoming was just Spider-Man vs vulture's crew and if he lost they would just sell some of starks stuff on the black market and maybe steal a few more things, etc

Wow you are completely just taking everything out of context aren't you?

Iron man 1: wasn't just about selling weapons, the problem was selling weapons to everyone involved in every conflict. Supporting both sides to keep the conflict going in the name of profit. Looking thousands of not tens or hundreds of thousands for money. Plus the potential of the iron man tech being in the hands of anyone willing to pay. If you don't see the drastic works altering consequences of that...

Wonder woman: did you even watch the movie? Like even boiling it down to such a simple concept I don't know how you can even believe this. Ares wanted to kill every human on earth, using the war to do most of the work.

Spiderman: basically the exact same movie as iron man but if Tony was in highschool. I'm almost tempted to give this one to you. It is definitely the closest to the dark knight in scale, but it is off the back of a world ending event. That alien Tech in the wrong hands could reasonably be wmd's, which again see iron man 1. Also the villain was so fucking cookie cutter boring. At least the Joker was interesting.
Gold: 1,283.00
May 4 2018 08:02pm
Quote (Blah58 @ May 4 2018 06:13pm)
Spiderman is really the only hero in Marvel that has an interesting villain line up. I would much rather have 1-3 Spiderman movies a year focused on that rather than 1-3 insert random hero here films.

The one thing dc has going for then that Marvel doesn't is their heroes actually have interesting villains, they just have no idea how to make a non-animated film.

Also I agree the bigger mentality is getting boring. One of my favorite Batman comics of the last couple years starts with a blackout in Gotham and Batman running around chasing down leads trying to figure out which big bad was responsible and what their plan is.

Turns out it was literally just a blackout. Nothing nefarious.

Obviously you can't do a movie where nothing happens, you might get away with it for an episode on a tv show. But the point is that going back to basics is interesting. That's part ofhe Dark Knight is the best Batman movie and rises sucks.

An actual interesting villian with an interesting plan. Instead of let's kill everyone... Because the movie needs conflict... I guess...

The Dark Knight is the best batman movie because of Nolan. One good character isn't the difference between a movie being amazing or mediocre. Saying that is pretty disrespectful to every other aspect of the film that was done to near perfection.
May 4 2018 08:33pm
Quote (fuzzy159 @ May 4 2018 07:02pm)
The Dark Knight is the best batman movie because of Nolan. One good character isn't the difference between a movie being amazing or mediocre. Saying that is pretty disrespectful to every other aspect of the film that was done to near perfection.

You seem to be missing the point.
Gold: 0.00
May 5 2018 08:55am
I'm not surprised about how this one ended. The comic story arc was massive, so that would be incredibly difficult to encompass in a single movie and do it any sort of justice. I'm hoping they bring Adam Warlock in for the second one, as he played a key role in the comics.
Gold: 1,497.83
May 5 2018 10:00am
Quote (Surfpunk @ May 5 2018 09:55am)
I'm not surprised about how this one ended. The comic story arc was massive, so that would be incredibly difficult to encompass in a single movie and do it any sort of justice. I'm hoping they bring Adam Warlock in for the second one, as he played a key role in the comics.

same

i want to see thanos take out galactus, eternity, and all the other cosmic entities in the next movie. then get rejected by death and go after the living tribunal and the one above all
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
May 5 2018 12:29pm

Have to agree.

Nolan is just a phenomenal director, and there's a reason that everything he touches is worth watching at worst, and near perfection at best. He's just amazing.

Quote (Happypuppy @ May 5 2018 09:00am)
same

i want to see thanos take out galactus, eternity, and all the other cosmic entities in the next movie. then get rejected by death and go after the living tribunal and the one above all

:wallbash:

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on May 5 2018 12:29pm
May 5 2018 03:22pm

Also the hypocrisy in this post is hilarious.

"Saying a single aspect is what made it good is so disrespectful to the film... Also the director is the only reason it's good". Haha fucking idiot.

And the only reason Nolan is so good is because he focuses on the smaller personal aspects of stories, the characters, even when doing something large in scale like interstellar the main focus is still the characters and relationships.

That's also why rises sucks ass, he ditched that method to "go bigger".

Also I never said that the dark knight was only good because of one character. I said one of the reasons it was so good is because of the scale and scope, the fact that it wasn't another save the world cliche overdone pos.
Gold: 1,283.00
May 6 2018 04:40pm
Quote (Blah58 @ May 5 2018 05:22pm)
Also the hypocrisy in this post is hilarious.

"Saying a single aspect is what made it good is so disrespectful to the film... Also the director is the only reason it's good". Haha fucking idiot.

And the only reason Nolan is so good is because he focuses on the smaller personal aspects of stories, the characters, even when doing something large in scale like interstellar the main focus is still the characters and relationships.

That's also why rises sucks ass, he ditched that method to "go bigger".

Also I never said that the dark knight was only good because of one character. I said one of the reasons it was so good is because of the scale and scope, the fact that it wasn't another save the world cliche overdone pos.

I said the reason it's the best.... I never said it was the only reason it was good... Words are hard.
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev18910111214Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll