d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Avengers: Infinity War > Thoughts? Predictions...wants/do Nots
Prev167891014Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,025.00
May 2 2018 09:49pm
Quote (JudgeTedd @ May 2 2018 05:57pm)
thors wakanda entry was epic as f

Should have aimed for the head.
Gold: 1,497.83
May 3 2018 05:22am
Thanos is pure evil lol
Ghost rider penance stare does nothing to him because he enjoys torturing and murdering people

In the movies they do a lot of things to cater towards the mainstream. Every fight is started by the good guys
Thanos will just be casually talking and then all of a sudden people start attacking him lol
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
May 3 2018 04:13pm
Quote (Flameyes @ May 2 2018 04:09pm)
As much fun as this discussion about whether we should kill half the people on the planet is I'm gonna go back to the movie

Easily the best mcu movie. Thanos was a fantastic villain. Not only was he a huge badass but he wasn't just completely evil either. Honestly one of my favorite movie villains ever. The rest of the film was good too they did a way better job incorporating all of the members than I thought they would, and the ending was crazy they really held nothing back, which can hardly be expected from a movie in this universe

Easily the best mcu = Not saying much
Thanos = He was okay, and I agree that he wasn't completely evil.
Incorporation = They did do a good job of this, and a few of the moments were a bit better than I had anticipated. The back and forth between Pratt/Hemsworth was probably the best dialogue in the movie.
Ending = Was exactly what everyone who pays attention knew it should have been, not sure why everyone is freaking out about this. It's a two part movie... there was no way this wasn't going to happen.

Quote (Happypuppy @ May 3 2018 04:22am)
Thanos is pure evil lol
Ghost rider penance stare does nothing to him because he enjoys torturing and murdering people

In the movies they do a lot of things to cater towards the mainstream. Every fight is started by the good guys
Thanos will just be casually talking and then all of a sudden people start attacking him lol

Movies and the comics are completely different from one another. The real Thanos is pretty much pure evil, but he does have the ability to love, which gives him just a tiny little sliver of good in him maybe. The movie Thanos is driven entirely by pure motives, whether or not you find his methods deplorable, he's undertaking a task for the good of all living creatures at the cost of his own soul. He's displayed 100% as a martyr for life. Along that journey he's forced to kill something he loves so much it brings him to tears but he must for the sake of his goal and for the sake of existence. They're a lot fucking different. They tried to make him as good as they possibly could so people would be talking about just that. That's one way to ensure massive ticket sales for the next flick.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on May 3 2018 04:17pm
May 3 2018 04:52pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ May 3 2018 03:13pm)
Movies and the comics are completely different from one another. The real Thanos is pretty much pure evil, but he does have the ability to love, which gives him just a tiny little sliver of good in him maybe. The movie Thanos is driven entirely by pure motives, whether or not you find his methods deplorable, he's undertaking a task for the good of all living creatures at the cost of his own soul. He's displayed 100% as a martyr for life. Along that journey he's forced to kill something he loves so much it brings him to tears but he must for the sake of his goal and for the sake of existence. They're a lot fucking different. They tried to make him as good as they possibly could so people would be talking about just that. That's one way to ensure massive ticket sales for the next flick.

Yep, kidnapping little girls and forcing them to fight in arenas, constant torturing, and physical dismemberment for the ones who lose.

Totally not evil.
May 3 2018 05:17pm
Quote (Blah58 @ May 3 2018 03:52pm)
Yep, kidnapping little girls and forcing them to fight in arenas, constant torturing, and physical dismemberment for the ones who lose.

Totally not evil.

He took parent-less children who would have died without his intervention
He trains them to make them strong so that they can survive in a harsh world. Seems like he's chill enough to all his other followers, at least from what we see. Don't fuck up and do your job and shit's all good. He's also saddened by the loss of each of his warriors. Empathy and pure evil don't go together.
Nebula was tortured when she disobeyed, or it could be because Thanos knows she's going to be the one to kill him. The disfigurement shit is inconsistent because at times it seems like she wants it and requests upgrades, and other times it sounds like it was forced upon her when they're trying to push a sob narrative to make her likable again.

Always two sides of a coin man. His goal in the movies is only to save life and to bring balance and prosperity to all the universe. Plenty of his methods are horrible, but his goal is solely for the salvation of life and it doesn't benefit him at all, as he's one of the strongest beings in the universe and none of it should matter to him one way or the other. Comic Thanos = Chaotic evil, Movie Thanos = Lawful Neutral. He's just following a code and doing what he believes is necessary for the salvation of all life. Batshit insane to some, sensible and just to him.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on May 3 2018 05:18pm
May 3 2018 06:07pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ May 3 2018 04:17pm)
He took parent-less children who would have died without his intervention
He trains them to make them strong so that they can survive in a harsh world. Seems like he's chill enough to all his other followers, at least from what we see. Don't fuck up and do your job and shit's all good. He's also saddened by the loss of each of his warriors. Empathy and pure evil don't go together.
Nebula was tortured when she disobeyed, or it could be because Thanos knows she's going to be the one to kill him. The disfigurement shit is inconsistent because at times it seems like she wants it and requests upgrades, and other times it sounds like it was forced upon her when they're trying to push a sob narrative to make her likable again.

Always two sides of a coin man. His goal in the movies is only to save life and to bring balance and prosperity to all the universe. Plenty of his methods are horrible, but his goal is solely for the salvation of life and it doesn't benefit him at all, as he's one of the strongest beings in the universe and none of it should matter to him one way or the other. Comic Thanos = Chaotic evil, Movie Thanos = Lawful Neutral. He's just following a code and doing what he believes is necessary for the salvation of all life. Batshit insane to some, sensible and just to him.

There is a lot to unpack here and I don't have the time right now.

So I'll just post this.

http://www.didthanoskill.me
May 3 2018 06:55pm
Quote (Blah58 @ May 3 2018 05:07pm)
There is a lot to unpack here and I don't have the time right now.

So I'll just post this.

http://www.didthanoskill.me/

We've been over this.... killing half to save the other half is not evil, misguided perhaps, but not evil lol. Can disagree all you want, but his goal is the survival of life, and it's just insanity to say someone is pure evil when literally their only goal is to ensure that people who are alive stay alive, and have a better life.

e: Was spared btw

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on May 3 2018 06:56pm
May 3 2018 07:01pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ May 3 2018 05:55pm)
We've been over this.... killing half to save the other half is not evil, misguided perhaps, but not evil lol. Can disagree all you want, but his goal is the survival of life, and it's just insanity to say someone is pure evil when literally their only goal is to ensure that people who are alive stay alive, and have a better life.

e: Was spared btw

I was spared as well. Idk if it actually kills anyone. Hopefully some here will be killed and prove the website works.
Gold: 0.00
May 3 2018 07:17pm
It really works.
May 3 2018 07:18pm
Quote (lesser @ May 3 2018 06:17pm)
It really works.

Did he kill you?
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev167891014Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll