d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Fallout
Prev15678910Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.00
May 8 2024 04:52pm
Quote (sirthom @ May 8 2024 03:55pm)
Sure and is to be expected.
The further society drifts from the truth the more it hates those that speak it.
For example, did you see me attacking anyone for liking it?
Yet, how many attack me for not?

Lmao, you're being called out because you can't backup your criticism everytime anyone asks you what you found to be woke garbage in the first minute of the show as you claimed.

And now you play the victim card, man people have become soft.

You have an opinion.
People ask you to say why you have that opinion of the first minute you watched
You - Why are people attacking me.

What a baby.

This post was edited by SBD on May 8 2024 04:54pm
Gold: 35,785.13
Warn: 30%
May 8 2024 04:56pm
Quote (SBD @ May 8 2024 05:52pm)
Lmao, you're being called out because you can't backup your criticism everytime anyone asks you what you found to be woke garbage in the first minute of the show as you claimed.

And now you play the victim card, man people have become soft.

You have an opinion.
People ask you to say why you have that opinion of the first minute you watched
You - Why are people attacking me.

What a baby.

ok
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
May 9 2024 03:34am
show and the game are bad.
Gold: 291.00
May 16 2024 11:45pm
i loved the chat scene on the computer with Norm MacLean. as a programmer for over a decade, that ui and flashing green caret while they wait for the response was done so damn good. they really hit it out of the ballpark in this show. from the CGI all the way to the UX on the pip-boy and computers in the vault.

definitely will be re-watching it. luckily it's on prime!

This post was edited by ChocolateCoveredGummyBears on May 16 2024 11:54pm
May 18 2024 09:38pm
May 21 2024 09:46am
Quote (ChocolateCoveredGummyBears @ May 16 2024 11:45pm)
i loved the chat scene on the computer with Norm MacLean. as a programmer for over a decade, that ui and flashing green caret while they wait for the response was done so damn good. they really hit it out of the ballpark in this show. from the CGI all the way to the UX on the pip-boy and computers in the vault.

definitely will be re-watching it. luckily it's on prime!

I just hope they take their time with the next seasons and don't try to pump out something too fast just because they saw success. Looks like they are going that route though with S2 not slated until 2026 which is good. There's a lot of good storytelling that can be done in the Fallout universe.
May 21 2024 09:34pm
Quote (SBD @ May 21 2024 08:46am)
I just hope they take their time with the next seasons and don't try to pump out something too fast just because they saw success. Looks like they are going that route though with S2 not slated until 2026 which is good. There's a lot of good storytelling that can be done in the Fallout universe.

oh that's cool they are doing another season! i actually never played any of the games and brand new to the storyline. my buddy on discord said the series was good and i had prime so figured i'd watch it. that's awesome. but yeah i am hooked!

This post was edited by ChocolateCoveredGummyBears on May 21 2024 09:35pm
Gold: 5,475.04
May 21 2024 09:50pm
Quote (ChocolateCoveredGummyBears @ May 21 2024 11:34pm)
oh that's cool they are doing another season! i actually never played any of the games and brand new to the storyline. my buddy on discord said the series was good and i had prime so figured i'd watch it. that's awesome. but yeah i am hooked!

The games are good. 3 and new Vegas are great but incredibly dated, if that doesn’t bother you I’d give them a shot

4 is a fun action loot game but the rpg elements are weak. The world is still awesome though
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
May 22 2024 11:11am
Quote (SBD @ May 8 2024 02:13pm)
Right, so instead of this perfectly reasonable mechanism per your own rational that gives a broad overview of the show, you decided 1 minute of 1 episode was sufficient where all you saw in the first minute was a guy on a horse in front of a small group of people before it switches to the radio. Was it the 3 black people that put you off?

the make out screen was very cringe fyi.

but I watched it all day two of release, its a good once over. they could have done a better job with the raiders, plus the huge plot hole, how did the dwellers know they were raiders?!

only showing a deathclaw skull at the very end was weak, only monster was a gulper? terrible job with the enclave, why was the ghoul invincible?
May 22 2024 11:28am
Quote (Cbramgar @ May 22 2024 11:11am)
the make out screen was very cringe fyi.

but I watched it all day two of release, its a good once over. they could have done a better job with the raiders, plus the huge plot hole, how did the dwellers know they were raiders?!

only showing a deathclaw skull at the very end was weak, only monster was a gulper? terrible job with the enclave, why was the ghoul invincible?

Sure, your primary issue is it does not echo the game enough for you, it appears, and that's fine. That will always exist when making adaptations into an 8 hour run time compared to the 100s of hours spent in a game or often 40+ hours of reading a long novel that companies try to adapt to film or shows.

I had little expectations it would, and treated it more as its own silo rather than trying to draw significant comparisons all the time since I realistically know its not going to mimic an experience I have sunk 120 hours into. Not showing enough monsters, not going into enough depth with the enclave, not offering solutions to every nitpick like how did the ghoul take more bullets but the other ghoul didn't, which can have reasonable explanations but you don't have time for everything when you're trying to compress everything to such a short amount of time.

Does that make it a bad show, no clearly not in the opinion of the vast majority of viewers given its one the best performing shows so i'd say overall they probably did hit the nail on the head for the majority of people.

Really the people I see taking significant issue are the ones who spent significant time in the games and expected the show to mimic their childhood experience hoping they would be filled with nostalgia and relive some childhood memory, which we know never works out.
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev15678910Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll