d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Avengers: Infinity War > Thoughts? Predictions...wants/do Nots
Prev13456714Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 92.71
Warn: 50%
Apr 29 2018 07:52pm
Quote (CiroC @ Apr 29 2018 11:45am)
Just this fight scene alone beats out most marvel movies. Minimal CGI and just pure action and hand to hand combat. This shit was 10 x better in Theater too. Just a great great movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXPOl6EjbWg

the fact that the black dude has 0 accuaracy?
Gold: 1,495.80
Apr 29 2018 09:30pm
Saw it today. Best marvel movie yet
They did a good job portraying thanos as the baddest mfer in the universe like he was in the comics

Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Apr 29 2018 08:39pm)
Guess I shouldn't be surprised that more people than not are this easily amused. It was better than I anticipated, and while it actually had a decent ending, it sucks knowing that will all be undone and everything will be made completely pointless on next year's installment. Would actually be a pretty solid way to go out if they just ended it here lol.

In the comics everything gets undone
I really hope we get to see some of the cosmic entities in the next movies (galactus, eternity, death, etc)
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 30 2018 03:23am
Quote (Happypuppy @ Apr 29 2018 08:30pm)
Saw it today. Best marvel movie yet
They did a good job portraying thanos as the baddest mfer in the universe like he was in the comics

In the comics everything gets undone
I really hope we get to see some of the cosmic entities in the next movies (galactus, eternity, death, etc)

And your point is? Doesn't make it any less anticlimactic and lame than when the comics went with the same bullshit ending too lol. Of course the comics did, they couldn't possibly lose their intellectual property. Disney could say fuck it and actually kill off loads of people, but they never will. That'd break the generic eveybodies happy formula that makes them so much money.

Highly doubt cosmics or any more powerful beings will make an appearance in Infinity War, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's the route they tried for the next big hurrah.

Most likely this will be the end of the avengers franchise (Fingers crossed) and we'll see more and more random heroes and less popular super groups coming together to fight baddies. They'll milk this until it stops making money. This one did a lot of things better than some of the others, but it's still the exact same as every single one of the MCU films, and it just gets old after awhile.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Apr 30 2018 03:28am
Gold: 2,118.35
Apr 30 2018 04:05am
Quote (uGhost @ Apr 30 2018 08:48am)
At the beginning when it starts with Thor’s ship and everyone defeated - was that fight shown anywhere?

Unfortunately no. Damn shame too.

Would've been pretty cool to see.

Obviously they got rekt but with Thanos not having any (or only 1?) infinity stone he wouldnt have those op powers that make fighting boring.

Was cool to see Hulk and him go head to head despite it only lasting like 5 seconds
Apr 30 2018 05:06am
Quote (Lil_Gueto @ Apr 30 2018 03:05am)
Unfortunately no. Damn shame too.

Would've been pretty cool to see.

Obviously they got rekt but with Thanos not having any (or only 1?) infinity stone he wouldnt have those op powers that make fighting boring.

Was cool to see Hulk and him go head to head despite it only lasting like 5 seconds

That was one of the ony things from a nerd standpoint that bugged me. Thanos has said before that he'll actively avoid fighting the hulk if at all possible because of how foridable of an opponent he is, and because it's pretty much impossible to stop him since his strength is fueld by his rage and his rage is unlimited. Hulk won't come out the entire movie, so why bother making him come out in that scene just to get smashed in a couple seconds. Thor+Hulk would lose to Thanos without the gauntlet, but it'd be a good fight.

I don't usually care about consistent or accuracy in these type of movies at all, probably because I don't care that much about any of these movies to begin with, but that just seemed like a why even put it in thing to me.
Gold: 1,495.80
Apr 30 2018 06:03am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Apr 30 2018 04:23am)
And your point is? Doesn't make it any less anticlimactic and lame than when the comics went with the same bullshit ending too lol. Of course the comics did, they couldn't possibly lose their intellectual property. Disney could say fuck it and actually kill off loads of people, but they never will. That'd break the generic eveybodies happy formula that makes them so much money.

Highly doubt cosmics or any more powerful beings will make an appearance in Infinity War, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's the route they tried for the next big hurrah.

Most likely this will be the end of the avengers franchise (Fingers crossed) and we'll see more and more random heroes and less popular super groups coming together to fight baddies. They'll milk this until it stops making money. This one did a lot of things better than some of the others, but it's still the exact same as every single one of the MCU films, and it just gets old after awhile.

Thanos with the IG rules this universe, which is only one part of the multiverse. They could still keep everybody in this universe dead and then have them alive in alternate universes and have battles between different realities and cosmic entities coming into play too
Apr 30 2018 12:17pm
Quote (Happypuppy @ Apr 30 2018 05:03am)
Thanos with the IG rules this universe, which is only one part of the multiverse. They could still keep everybody in this universe dead and then have them alive in alternate universes and have battles between different realities and cosmic entities coming into play too

Would be loads better if they went that route, but they won't. Completely ruins any chance of the audience feeling shocked (well, at least the 20% that's paying attention because almost the entire theater let out cries of surprise when the movie ended exactly where anyone with a brain knew it would) or pulling a surprise when the "good guys" have an all-knowing time wizard who already looked into the future to set in motion the single outcome where they win.

It's also kinda sad, but I'm 100% in agreement with Thanos. What he's doing is a logical and necessary evil. He's doing what must be done.
Gold: 0.80
Apr 30 2018 12:26pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Apr 30 2018 06:17pm)

It's also kinda sad, but I'm 100% in agreement with Thanos. What he's doing is a logical and necessary evil. He's doing what must be done.

You agree with randomly eliminating half the population without discrimination?
Apr 30 2018 12:37pm
Quote (WelSh @ Apr 30 2018 11:26am)
You agree with randomly eliminating half the population without discrimination?

I believe it should be done with discrimination to give mankind the best chance at survival, but yes, I'm all for wiping out half of intelligent life

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Apr 30 2018 12:43pm
Banned
Gold: 3.69
Apr 30 2018 12:58pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Apr 30 2018 02:37pm)
I believe it should be done with discrimination to give mankind the best chance at survival, but yes, I'm all for wiping out half of intelligent life

Sounds like Thanos is doing a good job.

I did felt bad for spider man, but he shouldn't have been steppin.
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev13456714Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll