d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Fallout
Prev1234510Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.00
Apr 19 2024 12:58pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Apr 17 2024 09:21pm)
Sunk hundreds of hours into the games and IMO the show falls short, but I guess that’s a tall feat, would be very difficult to capture the richness of the games with all the factions and stuff.

To me right now the show is like 6.5/10. Last of us adaptation is way better tbh. Only good lead character is the ghoul, makes the show imo, while the other two are just meh.

I’ll continue to watch it but can’t really say I’m impressed by it, wish a better studio like Netflix or HBO picked it up, probably would of done better with the IP.

Anything you toss that many hours into when the converted to an 8 hour runtime is going to be disappointing in my opinion. It's like excellent books, the shows or movie adaptations almost always
are a let down. There's a few that stand out that are not the case but that's few and far between. It's a very rare day a show or movie does a book justice for me these days and I vew video games, specifically RPGs similary to books, or those that have abundances of lore.
Gold: 13,586.00
Apr 19 2024 01:04pm
Quote (SBD @ Apr 19 2024 02:58pm)
Anything you toss that many hours into when the converted to an 8 hour runtime is going to be disappointing in my opinion. It's like excellent books, the shows or movie adaptations almost always
are a let down. There's a few that stand out that are not the case but that's few and far between. It's a very rare day a show or movie does a book justice for me these days and I vew video games, specifically RPGs similary to books, or those that have abundances of lore.

Agree, that's why I don't hate it. I think it's good to grow the brand, and with time that will mean more interest into subsequent games/moves/series, which I'm happy about. It's a decent show, watchable of course, felt kind of rushed and unrefined at some points though. We'll see how they do in subsequent seasons. Very often these type of serious go down hill.
Gold: 5,475.04
Apr 19 2024 03:21pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Apr 19 2024 03:04pm)
Agree, that's why I don't hate it. I think it's good to grow the brand, and with time that will mean more interest into subsequent games/moves/series, which I'm happy about. It's a decent show, watchable of course, felt kind of rushed and unrefined at some points though. We'll see how they do in subsequent seasons. Very often these type of serious go down hill.

A supposed fallout fan not liking it because it’s unrefined??? You can’t trick me you’ve never played a single minute
Gold: 13,586.00
Apr 19 2024 03:26pm
Quote (Flameyes @ Apr 19 2024 05:21pm)
A supposed fallout fan not liking it because it’s unrefined??? You can’t trick me you’ve never played a single minute

A massive open world like the one built in the fallout games is understandable to have bugs or little things like that. I'll take some small bugs here and there and experience the rich world versus some open world that's empty and cookie cutter.
Gold: 35,785.13
Warn: 30%
Apr 19 2024 04:03pm
I made it almost 1 whole minute before they woke propagandaed me right in the face.
Turned it off immediately.
Expected, but disappointing none the less.
Will be dodge this, just like everything else now days.
I truly hate this world.
Gold: 478,808.99
Apr 20 2024 11:02am
This show is better than Halo.
Gold: 5,475.04
Apr 20 2024 02:54pm
Quote (sirthom @ Apr 19 2024 06:03pm)
I made it almost 1 whole minute before they woke propagandaed me right in the face.
I truly hate this world.

This is a parody account right? How do you leave your house?

First person you see not wearing a neutral colored shirt is likely to give you an aneurysm
Gold: 4,945.00
Apr 20 2024 03:09pm
Quote (Sturmgeist @ Apr 13 2024 01:13pm)
The Last Of Us was good except for the woke agenda pushing two men to become lovers. In the game, they were anything butt lovers.

I think the og story of the game isn’t even as amazing as the world makes it out to be. I’d say that it’s alright. Zombies/infected is overused unless you do it well like in a good resident evil game.
Gold: 4,945.00
Apr 20 2024 03:11pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Apr 16 2024 01:10am)
Terrible casting, garbage acting, screwed up the entire story. I'm good.

To do it justice: cast a much better Ellie and make game 1 into 2 seasons minimum. Then maybe. As it stands they wasted their screen time on nonsense and didn't properly set up any of the pay off. Most things were forced cuz the story beats were already written. Instead of trying to set everything up properly within the show they ignored most things and just expected you to be okay with it when they forced the important plot points in with no prior set up. It was laughably bad tbh.

Edit: so far 3 episodes into the fallout show and it's pretty good. They do pretty stupid stuff like have a guy shoot 20 times then show him reloading his 4 shot gun. Can't blame them for it though, it was pretty funny and exactly how NPC logic in video games work.

Don't really give a fuck about the brotherhood storyline though. Everyone in it is unlikable and choosing to cast Michael Rapaport was...🤮. At least he died pretty immediately.

Just give me a Skyrim show that’s not shit and we good. Just let it be the adventures of the Dragonborn, just don’t Netflix Witcher it.
Gold: 10,025.00
Apr 20 2024 03:17pm
Quote (sirthom @ 19 Apr 2024 16:03)
I truly hate this world.

Isn't it exhausting working so hard to stay that ignorant, racist and sexist?

Lmao.

Quote (ImVeryFood @ 20 Apr 2024 11:02)
This show is better than Halo.

Yes.

Quote (ofthevoid @ 19 Apr 2024 15:26)
A massive open world like the one built in the fallout games is understandable to have bugs or little things like that. I'll take some small bugs here and there and experience the rich world versus some open world that's empty and cookie cutter.

All Bethesda games have had the exact same bugs and exploits for 20 years. They have been using the same engine for 2 decades and have done zero work to fix or improve it. And it's not like they were busy doing anything else. They have re-released Skyrim more times than years it's been out, that's basically all they have done for a decade.
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1234510Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll