d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Official Computer Hardware Gif, Meme, Pic Thread > Serious Or Funny, Hardware Related Photo
Prev17475767778719Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,485.00
Jun 29 2014 07:42pm
This LIVE map, flips me out. I can't help it. I wish I could make it my screensaver. :)

It's DDOS attacks....live.

http://map.ipviking.com/

I AM curious where the ones "out of the blue" come from. Aliens?

http://www.norse-corp.com/

This post was edited by Ghot on Jun 29 2014 07:57pm
Jun 29 2014 08:09pm

Dayaam, WW17 :/

Gold: 8,221.76
Jun 29 2014 10:41pm
rofl most are going towards usa

and coming from europe and asia lol
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Jun 30 2014 09:36pm
I doubt those stats are real. Considering most botnets are a minimum of a few thousand nodes these stats are way off. Not to mention the only way they could tell where an attack is originating from and where it is going is if they are actively sniffing all data across the internet at the many backbones around the world. The only way this would work is if a community is reporting stats to this website which is a waste of time seeing as they should be taking measures to fix it rather then reporting it to some random website.

Not to mention out of the thousands of nodes a botnet consists of, they are not all from the same country. So if this data was real you would be seeing more random lines going every witch direction as to resemble attacks from different locations to a central location.

I wouldn't expect you to realize that though.
Jun 30 2014 09:49pm
Quote (AbDuCt @ Jun 30 2014 11:36pm)
I doubt those stats are real. Considering most botnets are a minimum of a few thousand nodes these stats are way off. Not to mention the only way they could tell where an attack is originating from and where it is going is if they are actively sniffing all data across the internet at the many backbones around the world. The only way this would work is if a community is reporting stats to this website which is a waste of time seeing as they should be taking measures to fix it rather then reporting it to some random website.

Not to mention out of the thousands of nodes a botnet consists of, they are not all from the same country. So if this data was real you would be seeing more random lines going every witch direction as to resemble attacks from different locations to a central location.

I wouldn't expect you to realize that though.

I'm interested in what you think about this...please read the entire site and all it's tabs, and then tell me what you think. I understand what you're saying, but I think it's real or close to real, anyways.

Also remember they are ONLY tracking DDOS attacks. For that, all they would really need is a response/report from a sever undergoing a DDOS attack, to make their map.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Jun 30 2014 09:56pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jun 30 2014 11:49pm)
I'm interested in what you think about this...please read the entire site and all it's tabs, and then tell me what you think.  I understand what you're saying, but I think it's real or close to real, anyways.

Also remember they are ONLY tracking DDOS attacks.  For that, all they would really need is a response/report from a sever undergoing a DDOS attack, to make their map.

Bolded is true. This is the only way it could work, although why would people send their stats to this web application to begin with? But yea, they wouldn't be able to pull these stats any other way unless they are actively monitoring and filtering large amounts of traffics until something triggers a "DDOS" filter to display it on their map.

To me it looks like they are just generating random locations and ip addresses and making a flashy animated map.

Could attempt to reverse dns those ip addresses it gives out to see where they are and what they are hosting. It may give a clue as to if the data is real or fraudulent, although it should be taken as a grain of salt because it is not hard to generate a random string of numbers that fall between net ranges that are leased to specific areas of the net.
Jun 30 2014 10:04pm

Yeah it does seem too good to be accurate, but I still would like to have it as a screensaver ;)

Reading about the company itself, it seems that it either has a method of doing this ...or is trying to sell, the idea, that they have a method of doing this, to large corporations. Can't tell too much from the site though, as it's still pretty new.
Jul 1 2014 07:09pm

If this ain't pure CHD, I don't know what is...

Jul 1 2014 08:11pm

For Azenor...

Wtf ??

Jul 3 2014 04:33am

How to live like a king for very little By THOR HARRIS
1. Don’t smoke cigarettes.
2. Drive old Japanese cars. Easy and cheap to fix & they run for fucking ever.
3. Buy most of your groceries from the produce section. Most of that other shit is not actually food. You don’t need it.
4. Ride your bike instead of driving as much as you can. You need the exercise and gas is expensive.
5. Don’t have kids. They’re not miracles, they’re people. 7 billion is too fucking many. Find some other way to give your dull existence some meaning. BTW they’re expensive.
6. Get your clothes from thrift stores. With the physique you’ll have from riding your bike, you’ll look hot wearing anything.
7. Learn to fix things. Tons of great books and youtube vids on fixing anything. Or ask an old dude. People used to fix things. No shit.
8. Learn a trade – Carpentry, plumbing, electrical, auto mechanics, tailoring, computer/electronics repair, something They can’t fucking outsource. No one gives a shit about your Masters in Dostoyevsky…. fix something, dumbass, fix something!
9. If you like booze, drink at home with your neighbors. Drunk driving is for assholes, rich ones with lawyers.
10. Do people favors. It’s called Cooperation. It’s how the world worked before money. They will return the favor, or someone will. No shit. This really works.
11. Make things – Look around you. What do you see? Yah, shitty stuff made by impoverished enslaved people far away. Pick anything. Make a better one. People want good shit. You won’t get rich, but you’ll get by.
12. If you live in America – don’t get sick and avoid injury. Wear your fucking helmet and put lights on your bike.
13. Find work you love. If you can’t do that, then find a job where you love the people.
14. Junkies and addicts are like toddlers. They just want to shit all over you and everything. The messes they make can get expensive. Avoid them if you can.
15. Don’t buy shit on credit, remember what happened to America? Cash only, fuckers. Can’t afford it? Don’t fucking buy it!
16. Preventable expenses - STD’s, abortions, DWI’s, lung cancer, head injuries, speeding tickets, cirrhosis of the liver.
17. Don’t go on fancy dates if you’re not fancy. Most people kind of despise the rich anyway.
18. When you go see shows, bring a flask in. That way you can afford to buy a record.
19. If you had told me 15 years ago that Coca Cola would put tap water in plastic bottles and motherfuckers would BUY IT …… No fuckin way.
20. Don’t get cable. Asshole. There is nothing on. I promise. $100 a month ? Fuck no!

If you want to read the comments... http://imgur.com/gallery/mawrYLx

This post was edited by Ghot on Jul 3 2014 04:48am
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Prev17475767778719Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll