d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Official Off-topic In Chd > Pls No Lock Mods :(
Prev148495051521226Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Banned
Gold: 0.26
Jul 17 2014 11:22am
He posted a picture of it on the previous page - i don't think he can wall mount its a good idea though.

(No wall)

From what i understood he's got 3 pieces of 1-1.5 inch oak to strap together and 2 book shelves he wants to use on each side.

I think its going to be too big of desk for 3 sections - i would recommend using wood braces if you want to go through with it.

This post was edited by March_man on Jul 17 2014 11:29am
Gold: 4.00
Jul 17 2014 11:29am
Quote (Funion @ Jul 17 2014 01:20pm)
What area do you live in?

I wouldn't mind helping you find a solid piece of oak

IF you are going to wall mount it (make a wall desk) I am doing to offer 1 bit of advice..

Use heavy duty L mounts with a cross section support...  Use a few and make sure you are putting them into your wall studs and they are all level with each other.. if they aren't level (within a half inch) when you screw your top boards in it will tweek the interior screw and can cause it to strip messing up your support... level them within 1/8" if possible to avoid this.. this is specifically for the ones with a cross section support because they don't have as much bend as the ones without the support.

Warrensburg, MO is where I am located. I can't wall mount it. My landlord and I have had some pretty serious issues since we moved in. The water to the bathroom wasn't running and I notified them a week before we moved in. They said they would have it taken care of. When we moved in, no water. I called her to complain and she offered to let me out of the lease since it "sounds like you don't want to be there anymore." I told her if she doesn't have someone there within the hour fixing it, I'm going to hire an attorney and we'll deal with it in court. She had 4 plumbers there (they own a Roto Reuter) and fixed it in six hours. I notated everything that was damaged to a T before I moved in. I even have my bank send my monthly rent checks so she can't say I didn't send rent on time. Everything is through certified letter if I need to contact her. I'm afraid if I wall mount anything, I might break something or do damage I can't repair and don't want her to be able to take advantage of it. I notified her from the get go that I work with attorneys and know my renters rights, so she wasn't too keen on renting to me after she found out I wouldn't be easy to roll over when deposit refund comes, etc.
Gold: 158.71
Jul 17 2014 11:46am
Quote (RMMhc @ Jul 17 2014 01:29pm)
Warrensburg, MO is where I am located. I can't wall mount it. My landlord and I have had some pretty serious issues since we moved in. The water to the bathroom wasn't running and I notified them a week before we moved in. They said they would have it taken care of. When we moved in, no water. I called her to complain and she offered to let me out of the lease since it "sounds like you don't want to be there anymore." I told her if she doesn't have someone there within the hour fixing it, I'm going to hire an attorney and we'll deal with it in court. She had 4 plumbers there (they own a Roto Reuter) and fixed it in six hours. I notated everything that was damaged to a T before I moved in. I even have my bank send my monthly rent checks so she can't say I didn't send rent on time. Everything is through certified letter if I need to contact her. I'm afraid if I wall mount anything, I might break something or do damage I can't repair and don't want her to be able to take advantage of it. I notified her from the get go that I work with attorneys and know my renters rights, so she wasn't too keen on renting to me after she found out I wouldn't be easy to roll over when deposit refund comes, etc.

call the landlord and ask them.
or you could get something like this : http://www.amazon.com/Tyke-Supply-Dual-Monitor-Stand/dp/B002R9HQLI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1405619198
Jul 17 2014 11:51am
I've thought of the clamp style monitor stands and am still debating. I'd like to get the desk built before I worry about which stand I'll end up going with, though.
Gold: 269.00
Jul 17 2014 12:02pm
Quote (March_man @ Jul 17 2014 10:22am)
He posted a picture of it on the previous page - i don't think he can wall mount its a good idea though.

(No wall)

From what i understood he's got 3 pieces of 1-1.5 inch oak to strap together and 2 book shelves he wants to use on each side.

I think its going to be too big of desk for 3 sections - i would recommend using wood braces if you want to go through with it.

I'm positive no one gives 2 shits what you think or say here, so u can just say "I'm a Multi/Pethetico, +1" in the future.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 17 2014 12:03pm
Quote (March_man @ Jul 17 2014 01:22pm)

(No wall)

Ty I just looked back at the pic

Yeah I'll look and see if I could help you find something RMMhc
Gold: 0.00
Jul 17 2014 12:07pm
Are the boards going to be 3x 8ft x 1ft pieces?

If thats the case it's really simple

Get 3 8 ft x 3-4 inch x 1-2 inch pieces of lumber

Build a box the size maybe a little smaller than the 3 pieces of wood.. and put 1 cross section in the middle.. something like this

Jul 17 2014 12:07pm
It would be greatly appreciated. I've posted an add on CL as well.
Jul 17 2014 12:09pm
I'd really like to get wood that's greater than an inch, but am not familiar with sizing of wood.
Gold: 20.00
Jul 17 2014 12:19pm
Quote (LulzSec @ Jul 17 2014 11:02am)
I'm positive no one gives 2 shits what you think or say here, so u can just say "I'm a Multi/Pethetico, +1" in the future.

i'll second that
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Prev148495051521226Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll