d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Contemplating Scratch Build.
Prev134567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Feb 19 2013 07:04pm
With the desk getting closer to completion figure'd i should work on some more sleeving.
Just have one 8pin left, however i didn't realize cpu and pcie were different terminals.
Gotta modify my second set of 8pin terminals to work for pcie since the already made one works with cpu.

e/ inb4 comments about uneven sleeving inside the heatshrink =[ i'm new to this

This post was edited by psrocks on Feb 19 2013 07:05pm
Gold: 172.01
Feb 19 2013 07:18pm
Not only is this ridiculously cool,

It's really functional, gives easy access, lots of airflow and should be really easy to upgrade and change if you if you feel like it.

Only issue I can see if the glass getting warm/hot, but duoble glassing would fix that
Feb 19 2013 07:24pm
Quote (IIFOXII @ Feb 19 2013 08:18pm)
Not only is this ridiculously cool,

It's really functional, gives easy access, lots of airflow and should be really easy to upgrade and change if you if you feel like it.

Only issue I can see if the glass getting warm/hot, but duoble glassing would fix that

its going to be watercooled with a radiator in the back blowing out the back corner of the desk, should be very little if any heat upfront at all :D. Essentially solves the problem.
Will have 3 fans on each side blowing from 1 end to theother, i've decided not to use the 4 i cut on the back since we're low on room (between tubing, cabling, psu, pump, rad) and it shouldn't be that big an issue for heat anyways.
Gold: 172.01
Feb 19 2013 08:38pm
Oh right water cooling would solve any problems - just realized it has an epic water tank thing.

Now I want one, but if I tried to make it, it would just end up looking like a glass top desk with an open computer sitting on it's side under the glass...
Apr 1 2013 06:24pm
Got 2 posts here, due to picture limit so bare with me, however desk is almost complete.
After a long winter period where i couldn't do any painting, and alot of school work i managed to get some work into this on the Easter weekend.
Currently my pc is out of order, you'll see why in the pictures. I'm on my laptop. I had my desk all ripped apart in anticipation of replacing it with the new one as well. Oh well.
Anyways without further adue: Pictures(and a video).
Again they are low quality, and the full effect of the colors can't be seen especially in the video due to iphone camera. When its all finished i'll consider snagging my sisters camera and taking some decent pictures.

A very tightly mounted pump above the 360 rad with corsair ap120s(the high pressure ones, not the high cfm ones)

A mess of cabling issues, as well as 2 double sided tape harddrives. I'd like to make a cover or a dust filter of some sort for them so i don't have the open back of the hdd showing.
ssd is taped to base of desk, hybrid ssd/hdd taped ontop.(120g adata ssd, 500gig seagate momentus)

Desk fully lit up from afar, the glass top and back cover aren't on yet however that is to be expected as its not finished.

To be continued in next post =]
Apr 1 2013 06:28pm
Close up of everything, as you can see I'm missing some fittings, mainly from video card to back of desk, then out to the cpu.
I have a few straight compressions and 1x 90 double turn compression, however nothing really lined up nice.
I bought 3 more 45 degree compressions to go from backplate to video card, as well as an extension to make the 90 line up straight with the back of the desk, the way it does coming off the ram block

ps look how shiny the gpu backplate is, see everything double :P

Closer image of the gpu backplate. Didn't think to grab an image of the front of the card with the block thats on it.

Fully lit desk without the LEDs on in the fans. I'm undecided how i preffer it, i think sans led fans.

And last thing: A video of the colored led strip its not high quality and definitely doesn't show colors well
http://s302.photobucket.com/user/spitfire1992/media/IMG_0549_zps89dea642.mp4.html
They are rgb strips and can change or be solid colors

Gold: 454.45
Apr 1 2013 06:43pm
looks really good. is this the finished product?
Apr 1 2013 06:53pm
Quote (NewKID @ Apr 1 2013 07:43pm)
looks really good. is this the finished product?

Close, i have to do some touchup paint, You can see it by the backplate in a few of the pictures.
Then a frame covers the wiring area so you can't see that, its got a floor flange on it that will have a 2" pipe on it for wiring to go up that will server as a 3x 24" monitor stand(still have to build the stand).
Then as you can see in these pictures:
http://i50.tinypic.com/2rc9853.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/8x7ukh.jpg
There is a front frame that will have a glass top and server as the desk top.

All wires that come to the desktop will come out of the 2" pipe and will be hidden so all you'll see is mouse & keyboard wire coming from the base =]

Quote (yupitsmeh @ Apr 1 2013 08:06pm)
not bad,

high res pics plz, cant tell if little imperfections or camera

it is nice work though for jumping into it

First time doing any metal work besides sheering, first time welding, first time doing watercooling, lots of firsts :P

Quote (yupitsmeh @ Apr 1 2013 08:15pm)
didnt mean for any offense at all, I like it,

No worries, my response was directed at the "it is nice work though for jumping into it". Was letting you know how much i jumped in.
As for high res pics gonna wait till its all finished cause i'm lazy.

This post was edited by psrocks on Apr 1 2013 07:16pm
Gold: 84.10
Apr 1 2013 07:06pm
not bad,

high res pics plz, cant tell if little imperfections or camera

it is nice work though for jumping into it

This post was edited by yupitsmeh on Apr 1 2013 07:07pm
Gold: 84.10
Apr 1 2013 07:15pm
Quote (psrocks @ Apr 1 2013 07:53pm)
First time doing any metal work besides sheering, first time welding, first time doing watercooling, lots of firsts :P

didnt mean for any offense at all, I like it,
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Prev134567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll