d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Gtx 580 M Comming Soon ^^ > Topic
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 13,142.01
Jun 4 2011 01:53am
Quote (amking99 @ Jun 4 2011 01:30am)
As it seems, laptops are becoming more like desktops and being less portable therefore plotting us to start buy netbooks. Maybe a conspiracy but might be true. All I know is that unless they decrease the power consumption, heat exhaust, and make laptops more powerful without the bulkiness, I'll find myself sticking to a desktop always. I love laptops more than desktop because they are portable and be taken everywhere. I'll just live with my shit laptop. I can at least play the games  I want in a sense.

I think the bulkiness is for the most part caused by the size of the parts...eg processor (desktop one), gfx cards (especially if u SLI, hard drives and disk drives, and fans.
Gold: 1,100.00
Jun 4 2011 02:12am
Quote (amking99 @ Jun 4 2011 05:30am)
As it seems, laptops are becoming more like desktops and being less portable therefore plotting us to start buy netbooks. Maybe a conspiracy but might be true. All I know is that unless they decrease the power consumption, heat exhaust, and make laptops more powerful without the bulkiness, I'll find myself sticking to a desktop always. I love laptops more than desktop because they are portable and be taken everywhere. I'll just live with my shit laptop. I can at least play the games  I want in a sense.

IDK about less portable... it all depends on what you do with the laptop. If you buy one and intend to game on it then it is not going to be portable as power consumption of the gpu and fan is going to destroy the estimated battery life. If you use it for their intended use... which they no longer have one with smartphones. What I see laptops as now are easily movable gaming rigs, with the proper cooling pad/device the laptop will game for many many hours straight not damaging the components. Netbooks are a waste of money, usually sitting at 300$ when a smartphone does all that a netbook can in pocket size.

Laptops for gaming will always be heavy and bulky, it is how it goes. New components come out for desktop format, while the previous less "powerful" components are modified and refined into smaller almost as powerful counterparts of their desktop versions. It still amazes me how gaming laptops stay at 17.3 inches stay the size they are... but I guess without a sizable interior cooling unit or large power supply it is entirely feasible to cram all those components into the laptops casing. I actually prefer some weight behind the device, it informs me the materials are not flimsy and low grade, I have 3 laptops. 2 with some 5570m ati and one with a 555m nvidia, all with aluminum enclosures.
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll