d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Official Off-topic In Chd > Pls No Lock Mods :(
Prev12012022032042051226Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 158.71
Jan 4 2015 06:43pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jan 4 2015 03:00pm)
Well FINALLY...it's coming.  Better late than never, I guess.  I mean this is just sad for Pennsylvania weather, it SHOULD have been like this for over a month now.

http://i.imgur.com/YuVqN3w.jpg

i think i see a pussy when i zoom in :rofl:
Gold: 20.00
Jan 4 2015 07:12pm
Quote (Rikuo @ Jan 4 2015 02:20pm)
So its either one or the other?

Maybe get a self powered 2.1 system for less than the soundbar with better quality?

What i have against sound bars, Is typically they're DRASTICALLY overpriced & have very mediocre sound.

There might be a few decent ones floating around, But at what cost?

I get them for 5% above cost man and can get rebates through the vendors.
Gold: 1,173.00
Jan 5 2015 01:01am
mmmmm fucking diggin' it yo.

The Black Code: 5:24

I LOVE GETTING SLAPPED IN THE FACE!!!
Gold: 523.00
Jan 5 2015 12:37pm
Quote (RMMhc @ Dec 16 2014 08:06am)
I've found the desk I'll be building next May when we move.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/63380-the-easy-option-for-a-computer-desk/

It's cheap, easy to do, and I don't have to go buy any wood working tools.

The space that my girlfriend have to work with right now isn't large enough for this monstrosity. So, I went ahead and ordered two of the LINNMON 47 1/4 x 23 5/8 table tops with 8 legs. This will give us enough space for my desktop, grad school stuff, and hobbies and her nursing work space. It should be here around December 27th. If I like the IKEA parts I ordered already, I'll go ahead and order two of the 59" x 29 1/2" LINNMON table tops, the drawer cabinet, and some sort of file cabinet to supplement the space with more work area.

It's just a simple setup right now, but I'll take a few photos of the room when I get it setup and post it so you guys can give me opinions on what I can do next. I'm ADHD, but I don't take the medication anymore. This constant need to change things up is a side effect of the ADHD, but I kind of like it so I don't see the need to fix it.

did you ever recieve and assemble? i want pics. thinking about making a desk too, mine is starting to curve in a little from resting on it.
Gold: 0.00
Jan 5 2015 02:36pm
Just started this

nvm

This post was edited by Gimhae on Jan 5 2015 02:50pm
Gold: 4.00
Jan 5 2015 02:36pm
I did. I'll take a photo of it when I get home today. It came out nicely.

When we move, I'll be purchasing larger tops for a longer desk. I have to say, I'm very satisfied with the outcome of these ikea desks.
Gold: 1,173.00
Jan 5 2015 07:54pm
Quote (RMMhc @ 3 Jan 2015 14:42)
Put my 2 weeks in at my job yesterday. No job lined up. Our previous director was jailed for theft, I have hard evidence that the new director has been stealing as well. I passed the information off to a board member and was told not to worry about it and it will be taken care of. Three months later, nothing's been done. So, yesterday I applied to about 30 jobs. I mailed my resume to 11 employers and will continue to do so throughout my two weeks left at that agency. Wish me luck. I've got enough in savings to last until November with my current bills. I'm hoping I will have a job lined up before my two weeks are up, but I have a lot of friends, also with degrees, that have not been as fortunate as I was. Here's to hoping.

I fucking love when you post. I honestly read every post you make. Because I'm stalking you but that's not the point. The point is you have terrible drapes and need to change that color of your carpet. Gah!!

Seriously. You have the best - I FUCKING HAVE A SHITTY COMPANY AS AN EMPLOYER - post and I mean that in the modest of positive ways.

Quote (Ghot @ 4 Jan 2015 14:00)
Well FINALLY...it's coming.  Better late than never, I guess.  I mean this is just sad for Pennsylvania weather, it SHOULD have been like this for over a month now.

http://i.imgur.com/YuVqN3w.jpg

Wow. You guys till haven't had any snow? I'm already over the cold weather. I want it to be 70 again because my feet and legs are cold.

Quote (dolarsignzeroxeighty @ 4 Jan 2015 18:43)
i think i see a pussy when i zoom in :rofl:

i cant find a pussy. Outline that shit in gimp.

Feel free to check out my new thread everyone.

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=71995035&f=186

This post was edited by NinjaSushi2 on Jan 5 2015 08:01pm
Jan 5 2015 08:06pm
Quote (NinjaSushi2 @ Jan 5 2015 09:54pm)
I fucking love when you post. I honestly read every post you make. Because I'm stalking you but that's not the point. The point is you have terrible drapes and need to change that color of your carpet. Gah!!

Seriously. You have the best - I FUCKING HAVE A SHITTY COMPANY AS AN EMPLOYER - post and I mean that in the modest of positive ways.

Wow. You guys till haven't had any snow? I'm already over the cold weather. I want it to be 70 again because my feet and legs are cold.

i cant find a pussy. Outline that shit in gimp.

Feel free to check out my new thread everyone.

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=71995035&f=186

You're far too kind to me.

@ Bankai:

Edit: WHen I do the long desk, I"ll throw in file cabinet and drawer thing as legs. I'll use these legs as appropriate. I honestly couldn't be happier with this setup. The girlfriend is working on her doctorate nursing practitioner thing so she's got a space. I've got mine. She doesn't speak to me when she studies so it's pretty nice.

I keep telling her I want to be a stay at home dad but she says she isn't going to support that pipe dream. Bummer. I want the baby satchel.

This post was edited by RMMhc on Jan 5 2015 08:09pm
Gold: 523.00
Jan 5 2015 08:19pm
did you ever put them next to each other? i'm thinkin getting two next to each other to make one long desk, idk how flush they get to each other.

my girl has always wanted to be a stay at home mom, its been her life's dream basically. as for me, i never wanted kids and everyone that knows me has known it ( it's pretty appearant that i don't like kids lol ) but here i am, a dad. a 16 month old daughter. i love her to death, but i could NEVER cope with being a stay at home dad. for those like you who actually want it, i applaud you. the world needs more dads like that.
Jan 5 2015 08:37pm
I like to cook. I figured I'd be just at home with an apron on as I would going to work everyday.

I did put them together, but there wouldn't be anything to fill that space with. If I had the wall length, I would have gone with the 30" width desk by 59" long. Then, I would have purchased two or three of them. But, since I don't have the wall length, I'm working with the 47" x 25". They're sturdy and simple. They'll be easy to move, and both desks only cost me $80.

Besides, the money she makes now can support both of us. When she finishes her nurse practitioner, she'll make way more than enough. We want even more income so we can build a house in the next seven years. It's her dream, I'm just along for the ride.

This post was edited by RMMhc on Jan 5 2015 08:40pm
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Prev12012022032042051226Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll