d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Pocket Computing Discussion And News Thread > Tablets And Phones!
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 58,286.31
Sep 15 2011 09:08pm
Quote (RedTea @ Sep 15 2011 09:07pm)
I'm sure I could find uses for it, but currently I just haven't found the time to mess with it.

Yeah, I use it before bed a lot of the time. I read news on it and check jsp. It is handy for travel as well. I dont mind it whatsoever. It was a graduation present.
Gold: 3,741.93
Sep 15 2011 09:10pm
Quote (Nupper @ Sep 15 2011 10:08pm)
Yeah, I use it before bed a lot of the time.  I read news on it and check jsp.  It is handy for travel as well.  I dont mind it whatsoever.  It was a graduation present.

Can't argue with that. This is my last year and I can't wait to be done.
Sep 15 2011 09:12pm
Quote (RedTea @ Sep 15 2011 09:10pm)
Can't argue with that.  This is my last year and I can't wait to be done.

Im gunna be happy when flash starts going on it. May be a while for people to adopt it tho.
Gold: 5,486.00
Sep 15 2011 09:14pm
Quote (memnoch_thedevil2003 @ Sep 15 2011 07:00pm)
Unfortunately though, those 2 options aren't that much better...I pay $35 a month for high speed net at home and can connect as many devices/pc's/consoles as I want, and have unlimited download bandwidth...but AT&T is trying everything in their power to get me out of my grandfathered unlimited $30 plan, that's only good for 1 phone, and if I tether my laptop or anything else, they want to charge me for it, and cap me to a 2GB plan :P

There's so much shady shit going on with these cell companies, my wife's friend is a manager with AT&T, and she told us that text messaging travels the same as data or cell traffic (I forget which), so it is essentially free to them, 100% profit, think how many people pay for texting plans lol...My brother in law has one of those small cell companies, he pays like $65 a month for unlimited minutes, text, data, and can tether his laptop all he wants...they just don't have a great selection of smart phones yet lol

well $20 gets you the unlimited texting and mobile to any mobile, and $30 for family plans, so its not like your not getting a decent package there considering 90% of the calls ANYONE makes is to another mobile phone

and ATT found that 95% of their customers use less than 2gb of data, they stopped unlimited plans to get people to start using their home wifi more rather than just being lazy, leaving wifi off, and using data

data uses alot of network bandwidth, and until they start to roll out LTE on a large scale, thats how its gonna be
Gold: 0.00
Sep 15 2011 10:54pm
FUCKING CRAIGSLIST USERS

looks like i wont be getting a touchpad after all
Gold: 106.00
Sep 15 2011 11:04pm
Quote (Ice98 @ Sep 15 2011 10:14pm)
well $20 gets you the unlimited texting and mobile to any mobile, and $30 for family plans, so its not like your not getting a decent package there considering 90% of the calls ANYONE makes is to another mobile phone

and ATT found that 95% of their customers use less than 2gb of data, they stopped unlimited plans to get people to start using their home wifi more rather than just being lazy, leaving wifi off, and using data

data uses alot of network bandwidth, and until they start to roll out LTE on a large scale, thats how its gonna be

Eh you must not have AT&T :P

$30 per phone for data (x2)
$30 for unlimited family text + mobile to mobile

That's $90 before we even get into the actual plan

$69.99 for base plan + $9.99 per extra phone
+ taxes and fees my bill is close to $200 a month...

As for data, I work nights, and no wifi, so I use a lot, probably about 5GB a month imo...I stream movies, music, etc...HBO Go is great :P

My brother in law pays a third of that for his phone and has unlimited everything, and can tether with out being charged...AT&T will jack my unlimited plan and charge me an extra $25 a month for tethering and reduce me to 2GB a month...bad, just bad.

These guys make billions in profits, AT&T recorded some of the highest profit margins in the companies history, how about they put some of that profit into their infrastructure and updating their data, and giving some back to their customers? So glad they didn't get T Mobile omg that would have been a nightmare.

Sep 15 2011 11:13pm
Quote (DeadShell @ Sep 15 2011 10:54pm)
FUCKING CRAIGSLIST USERS

looks like i wont be getting a touchpad after all

You can get it from amazon for 252 right now
Gold: 0.00
Sep 15 2011 11:19pm
Quote (Nupper @ Sep 16 2011 12:13am)
You can get it from amazon for 252 right now

and wait for shipping
psh
Gold: 45.00
Sep 15 2011 11:26pm
Quote (memnoch_thedevil2003 @ Sep 16 2011 12:04am)
Eh you must not have AT&T :P

$30 per phone for data (x2)
$30 for unlimited family text + mobile to mobile

That's $90 before we even get into the actual plan

$69.99 for base plan + $9.99 per extra phone
+ taxes and fees my bill is close to $200 a month...

As for data, I work nights, and no wifi, so I use a lot, probably about 5GB a month imo...I stream movies, music, etc...HBO Go is great :P

My brother in law pays a third of that for his phone and has unlimited everything, and can tether with out being charged...AT&T will jack my unlimited plan and charge me an extra $25 a month for tethering and reduce me to 2GB a month...bad, just bad.

These guys make billions in profits, AT&T recorded some of the highest profit margins in the companies history, how about they put some of that profit into their infrastructure and updating their data, and giving some back to their customers? So glad they didn't get T Mobile omg that would have been a nightmare.

they will the fed has no case sprint is fucked it will be att vs verison

also att is currently rolling out infa + idc cuz att still has faster speeds with their 3g compared to every's1 4g lte bullshit

love the com like 10x faster go up to a verison seller and im like currently getting 7.5mb/s on my phone so you guys 4g does 75 were do i sign up

none the less could care less as im still grandfathered in for 20/month unlimited data <3 they havent started throttling me

btw u can tether ur phone regardless of what they say/do unless u got some crappy flip phone
Sep 16 2011 10:39am
a few news stories I found interesting:

Shareholder sues HP for bailing on webOS, TouchPad

HP shareholder Richard Gammell has filed a class-action lawsuit against HP after the company made the drastic decision to kill off the TouchPad in August, which resulted in a 20% drop in share price the following day, Reuters reported. Gammell argued in the suit that HP failed to inform investors the webOS operating system was no longer a major part of the company’s plans moving forward, and that the company had revamped its business plan without telling shareholders. Those actions, Gammell argues, artificially inflated HP’s share price. Gammell is seeking damages for any HP investor who purchased stock between November 22, 2010 and August 18th, 2011.

http://www.bgr.com/2011/09/16/shareholder-sues-hp-for-bailing-on-webos-touchpad/

Revamped iPhone 4 inbound, iPhone 5 may see delays

Apple will unveil two new iPhone models within the next few weeks, a low-cost iPhone 4 with design tweaks and a brand new iPhone 5. The news has been repeated ad nauseam, however this time around, 9to5Mac brings with it a new twist: the latter and more highly anticipated of the two models may be facing production issues. An iPhone 5 with a new teardrop design and a larger display is seeing production delays on at least one assembly line according to the report. As a result, 9to5Mac speculates that the the new iPhone 5 “will be delayed slightly at the very least and may see shortages all the way into 2012.” Apple’s new cheaper iPhone 4 will apparently be ready to rock in the coming weeks, however. The reports states that Apple will have over 10 million units on hand for launch, and the phones will be priced aggressively. Both the iPhone 5 and the new iPhone 4 are still scheduled to launch on October 7th, the report claims, aligning with earlier rumors.

http://www.bgr.com/2011/09/16/revamped-iphone-4-inbound-iphone-5-may-see-delays/

Google Nexus Prime with dual-core processor to launch end October?

It was Nexus One, followed by the Nexus S, and it looks like the next official Google phone could come in the form of Google Nexus Prime. If online sources are right, we may see the new Google Nexus Prime smartphone to launch end October or early November.

According to TheDroidGuy, the upcoming Google Nexus Prime smartphone which is manufactured by Samsung, would be first carried by U.S telco operator Verizon in late October or early November, and then to other carriers. At a recent Verizon Developer’s conference in Las Vegas, a Samsung executive showcased the Nexus Prime, though he forbid attendees to have a closer look at the Android smartphone, nor allow others to take picture of it. According to sources, the Nexus Prime is broader and longer than the Nexus S which is likely due to the support for 4G LTE.

The Google Nexus Prime will come with 4.6-inch Super AMOLED touchscreen display, 5-megapixel rear and 2-megapixel front cameras, dual-core Ti OMAP processor. As Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich has yet to be out, it is possible that the Nexus Prime will run Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread mobile operating system and upgradeable to the newer Android version in the near future.

http://vr-zone.com/articles/google-nexus-prime-with-dual-core-processor-to-launch-end-october-/13578.html#ixzz1Y7tnZ4xW

AT&T CFO: 4G LTE service launching to public in five markets on Sunday

During the Bank of America Merrill Lynch Media, Entertainment & Communications conference on Thursday, AT&T’s chief financial officer John Stephens said that AT&T will activate its 4G LTE network in its first five markets on Sunday, FierceWireless reported. The network has been active as part of a soft launch in the AT&T’s five markets, which include Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Houston and San Antonio, and we have already seen a few glimpses of what the network is capable of. We published an exclusive video on September 6th which showed the HTC Jetstream 4G tablet achieving download speeds around 22Mbps and screenshots of a 4G modem achieving 13Mbps download speeds in Chicago. In addition, we saw the same modem reaching speeds up to 25Mbps in Atlanta. AT&T hopes to activate its network in 15 total markets and launch its first LTE smartphone by the end of the year.

http://www.bgr.com/2011/09/15/att-cfo-4g-lte-service-launching-to-public-in-five-markets-on-sunday/
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll