d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Bitcoin Heist > Oops
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 200.00
Jun 16 2011 11:07am
Quote (Canadian_Man @ Jun 16 2011 01:05pm)
I love how Anthrax fell for it lol.

"I don't pay for electricity [my parents do]" <-- my parents pay for the electricity too... I still care about their expenses. I'm part of the family.

Not quite. He's living off a government base so he doesn't pay for electricity, the DOD and taxpayers do.
Jun 16 2011 11:11am
Tehlulz
Gold: 320.52
Warn: 60%
Quote (Canadian_Man @ 16 Jun 2011 10:05)
I love how Anthrax fell for it lol.

"I don't pay for electricity [my parents do]" <-- my parents pay for the electricity too... I still care about their expenses. I'm part of the family.

Dude, I've told you a million times, can you not understand English? I get power for free on Peterson AFB, my parent's don't pay a single penny for power, gas, or water.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Quote (ghot @ Jun 16 2011 12:22am)
I wouldn't be surprised if LULZ isn't using all the Bitcoin processing power...to pull off their cr*p  lol
Notice how they both popped up about the same time  :)

also don't talk about things you do not know about :/

the only thing processing power is used for is brute forcing sha-1 hashes in order to find a new "block". how the hell do you use something like that to "do their stuff." my theory is that they are trying to find sha-1 collisions :/
Jun 16 2011 11:13am
Quote (AbDuCt @ 16 Jun 2011 10:11)
also don't talk about things you do not know about :/

the only thing processing power is used for is brute forcing sha-1 hashes in order to find a new "block". how the hell do you use something like that to "do their stuff." my theory is that they are trying to find sha-1 collisions :/

Lulz guys will be caught soon enough though. Everyone gets caught at some point.
Jun 16 2011 11:17am
Quote (Anthraxinsoup @ Jun 16 2011 01:13pm)
Lulz guys will be caught soon enough though. Everyone gets caught at some point.

And then they get big government paychecks and a pardon in exchange for working for them. That's how the nsa has worked for years. The best person to catch a hacker and stop a hacker is....
Gold: 125.00
Quote (Anthraxinsoup @ Jun 16 2011 10:13am)

If they continue the way they are going, possibly. But I am not laying my odds one way or another. They may very well never get caught.
Quote (Anthraxinsoup @ Jun 16 2011 10:13am)

:/ ^has no idea
Jun 16 2011 11:19am
http://www.infoworld.com/d/security/everything-hackable-and-cyber-criminals-cant-be-tracked-484

take a read :/

Rarely a day goes by without news emerging about a giant company losing large amounts of sensitive data to a massive hacker attack. It might be Google one day, Sony the next, and a country's government agency the day after. Just replace the names, rinse, and repeat.

Reporters from across the country have approached me of late, asking for my views on the acceleration of hacker attacks and the current state of security. When I get through with my rant, they're pretty shaken. They didn't know things were as bad as they are, while I ask myself, "Where have these media types been hiding?"

The fact is cyber crime isn't going away anytime soon for two key reasons: First, everything is hackable. Second and more significant: Cyber criminals rarely get caught or punished for their act. As long as committing cyber crimes remains easy and lucrative, and there's no accountability, it's not going away.

Point-and-hack simplicity
Breaking into almost any company is nearly as simple as closing your eyes, pointing your finger, and saying, "Go!" In the nine years I was hired to break into organization's IT systems (always with the permission of the owner), I gained entry to every company, every hospital, every bank, every financial website, and every three-letter government agency in an hour or less -- with one exception. One company, which I had previously compromised in an hour or less, had followed my previous report's guidance. The second time around, it took me three hours to break (via a blank SQL sa password, no less).

I'm not even that good a hacker. On a scale one to ten, I'm maybe a five, yet I can break into every company I try. I can't imagine how easy it is for the good hackers.

Once you know what you're doing, hacking into company websites and computers is a cinch. Point your finger at a company. Find out which computers are under its control. Port-scan them to find listening services. Fingerprint the services to determine vendor products and versions. Find the relevant exploits. I love Secunia's Vulnerability Research Advisory database for this sort of thing. It tells me what's patched and unpatched, whether it requires local or remote access, and what type of control I can get after the exploit.

From there, search for an exploit program or exploit code (sometimes compiling is needed); alternately, write your own based on the Secunia records. There are dozens of post-MilW0rm exploit sites that can easily be found, although one of my first stops is always Metasploit.org (why work hard if you can work easy?). Once you know the basics, it's like taking candy from a baby.

Suppose you find a company with no unpatched software or vulnerabilities. No problem: Send fake emails to the end-users with exploit software attached. Social engineered emails are easy to create and always work. My favorite is to send out messages under the guise of a company's CEO or CFO with "Pending 2011 Layoffs" in the subject line. Employees open those emails and run my exploits in under 10 seconds. Picking on workers is so simple that I refuse to use that tactic.

The fact is cyber crime isn't going away anytime soon for two key reasons: First, everything is hackable. Second and more significant: Cyber criminals rarely get caught or punished for their act. As long as committing cyber crimes remains easy and lucrative, and there's no accountability, it's not going away.

Point-and-hack simplicity
Breaking into almost any company is nearly as simple as closing your eyes, pointing your finger, and saying, "Go!" In the nine years I was hired to break into organization's IT systems (always with the permission of the owner), I gained entry to every company, every hospital, every bank, every financial website, and every three-letter government agency in an hour or less -- with one exception. One company, which I had previously compromised in an hour or less, had followed my previous report's guidance. The second time around, it took me three hours to break (via a blank SQL sa password, no less).

I'm not even that good a hacker. On a scale one to ten, I'm maybe a five, yet I can break into every company I try. I can't imagine how easy it is for the good hackers.

Once you know what you're doing, hacking into company websites and computers is a cinch. Point your finger at a company. Find out which computers are under its control. Port-scan them to find listening services. Fingerprint the services to determine vendor products and versions. Find the relevant exploits. I love Secunia's Vulnerability Research Advisory database for this sort of thing. It tells me what's patched and unpatched, whether it requires local or remote access, and what type of control I can get after the exploit.

From there, search for an exploit program or exploit code (sometimes compiling is needed); alternately, write your own based on the Secunia records. There are dozens of post-MilW0rm exploit sites that can easily be found, although one of my first stops is always Metasploit.org (why work hard if you can work easy?). Once you know the basics, it's like taking candy from a baby.

Suppose you find a company with no unpatched software or vulnerabilities. No problem: Send fake emails to the end-users with exploit software attached. Social engineered emails are easy to create and always work. My favorite is to send out messages under the guise of a company's CEO or CFO with "Pending 2011 Layoffs" in the subject line. Employees open those emails and run my exploits in under 10 seconds. Picking on workers is so simple that I refuse to use that tactic.

This post was edited by AbDuCt on Jun 16 2011 11:20am
Jun 16 2011 11:23am
Quote (AbDuCt @ 16 Jun 2011 10:17)
:/ ^has no idea

There are too many idiots claiming to be lulz though that the idiots will be caught. Imagine all the newfags that all think they can hack cause of script kiddie shit. They've already busted a couple people like that.
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll