d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Song Quality / Kbps Discrepancy
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 18,166.00
Sep 14 2016 06:35pm
So I stumbled upon this lovely drug song:

Downloaded it straight from youtube, I saw, hmm, 212kbps... I must download the 320kbps torrent to get a better sound quality.

However, the 320kbps version of this song sounded much worse than this, peculiar, rather unique sound quality of the song.. much worse. This one taken straight from Youtube sounds amazing compared to this 320kbps discography I downloaded from them.

Can someone explain this? It must mean kbps is not everything when it comes to audio quality, there must be some sort of song enhancement being made for this one, as it is their own YouTube channel, or simply a better rip from the Vinyl or CD itself, explain this also if you can.
Gold: 0.00
Sep 21 2016 06:40pm
Quote (Wyrmvater @ Sep 14 2016 05:35pm)
So I stumbled upon this lovely drug song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ7E40Ec5ec

Downloaded it straight from youtube, I saw, hmm, 212kbps... I must download the 320kbps torrent to get a better sound quality.

However, the 320kbps version of this song sounded much worse than this, peculiar, rather unique sound quality of the song.. much worse. This one taken straight from Youtube sounds amazing compared to this 320kbps discography I downloaded from them.

Can someone explain this? It must mean kbps is not everything when it comes to audio quality, there must be some sort of song enhancement being made for this one, as it is their own YouTube channel, or simply a better rip from the Vinyl or CD itself, explain this also if you can.

It all depends on the source of the song tbh.

If it was ripped straight from the CD -> 320kbs file it should sound better than a 212kbps youtube rip.

However, If it was a shit 96kbps or etc rip, Converted to 320kbps.. It's just going to be 96kbps with a larger file size.

Source is everything when ripping music.
Gold: 18,166.00
Sep 25 2016 02:01pm
Quote (Rikuo @ Sep 21 2016 09:40pm)
It all depends on the source of the song tbh.

If it was ripped straight from the CD -> 320kbs file it should sound better than a 212kbps youtube rip.

However, If it was a shit 96kbps or etc rip, Converted to 320kbps.. It's just going to be 96kbps with a larger file size.

Source is everything when ripping music.

that's what I figured, but this song sounds enhanced or something, sounds nothing like their discography versions, even the same length one.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll