d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > I Received Money To Buy An Edrum At My Birthday > Checking What To Buy
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 852.00
Oct 17 2015 02:30am
I received 900$ (CAN)
as gift from gf, familly, and friends, as birthday gift to buy an electronic drum, a few weeks ago

Now I am trying to check what to buy.

I need an eletronic drum to play in appartement, otherwise I will just not be able to play at all.

I wanted to buy something pre owned to pay less, if it seems in good conditions.

Buying something off internet seems a bad idea, due to shipping cost, and even more if I have to pay in US $
0.75$ US =~ 1$ CAN atm . . .

I can buy something near me or arround where I live, or on the road to gf's parent's city,
which is in overall a large area (covers Quebec city and Saguenay, so theres alot of ppl here)

So my best option seems to be classified announces.

I already spotted a kit, somewhere easy to reach for me, 800$, for a Roland TD 11 KS, bought last year (with proofs apparently)

Not sure if he sells the bench and the bass drum pedal within at this price, neither if its still on sale, I sent him a message.

But, at the moment, I am still wondering if that could be a good choice.

So far I don't think I'll be able to gther much more money for this.. I could maybe go up to 1000-1100 max...
or a little more if I wait 1 month (but as I wait, I might use that money for other things.. which I don't want)

If you have any advice, that would be appreciated!

here are pics of the roland td11ks I could buy

Gold: 16,240.00
Oct 17 2015 02:43am
just a thought, can you not buy some rubber covers or something for a normal drum kit so you can play it without making all the noise?
Gold: 852.00
Oct 17 2015 03:59am
Quote (dakariii @ 17 Oct 2015 04:43)
just a thought, can you not buy some rubber covers or something for a normal drum kit so you can play it without making all the noise?

if I can play if in an appartment (what about the cymbals?)
also, cheap edrums will allow me easily to swap bass drum and hi hat pedal (gotta play bass drum with left leg bcuz of injury to the right leg, while I am right handed)
and so far I have nobody to play with as a band
and absolutely not a single place to play acoustic drum
and limited space a bit in my small appartment
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll