d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Fl Studio Problems
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,370.00
Aug 13 2015 05:07am
Having trouble getting a more natural warmer sound.

Tried messing with reverb and stuff like that but it's still sounding computerized, any ideas on how to remedy this?

Have sound packs and stuff but is the problem the sound or mastering of the sound?
Gold: 203.50
Aug 13 2015 07:32am
To warm up sounds you can try using a saturator. Layering will also help with specific sounds as long as you EQ both layers to sit together properly.

Edit/ Also, make note that sample selection is the biggest role in making music. It may just be that the samples chosen aren't all that great. You can't polish a turd.

This post was edited by carmelhockey on Aug 13 2015 07:34am
Aug 21 2015 03:36am
Appreciate the tip sir will definitely try the saturator. I try to stay away from the layering thing I have this bad habit of over doing it but, if i was to layer something to you mean the same sample in a different key or just another sound completely?
Gold: 203.50
Aug 21 2015 08:04am
Quote (Mef_B @ Aug 21 2015 04:36am)
Appreciate the tip sir will definitely try the saturator. I try to stay away from the layering thing I have this bad habit of over doing it but, if i was to layer something to you mean the same sample in a different key or just another sound completely?

Layering could be done both ways.. With different sounds or the same sound.... Let's say you wanted to layer your bassline because it has low end, but not much upper harmonics. You would duplicate the channel, keep the original channel the same but on the duplicated track you can eq out the low end(highpass filter) so that way only the mid range sounds will stay... Leaving you with the same low end, but now giving you control over another channel of mid and high range harmonics to adjust to your liking... If that makes sense.

Or you can try the saturators... But be careful not to over saturate the low end.. That's a tool you have to play around with for a bit to find the right sound, but it isn't simple to learn.
Sep 5 2015 04:48am
alright thanks again man will try that out
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll