d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Solo For A New Song > Tips?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.70
May 11 2015 02:40am
Hey, I recently finished off one solo for a song that my bands working on. I habent had any guitar lessons and Ive been playing for ~4 years. Hence I'd like some feeedback on it, aswell as tips and tricks on what could I improve?

Gold: 0.00
May 29 2015 09:24am
I love it, the only part I thought could use with a bit of work/modification is the part around 14-15seconds in, maybe it just sounded a bit messy for this specific take but if I were you, I'd play the notes separately instead of together.
12--------------11
--------12---------

Instead of

12-------11
12-------12

Maybe?
Of course this is your solo and I absolutely love it, so don't take my idea if you don't want it! Sounding really nice :) What's your band called? Do you have a Facebook page for it or anything? Sounds like something worth checking out!

This post was edited by GuitarMarshy on May 29 2015 09:25am
Gold: 1.70
Jun 4 2015 05:33pm
Quote (GuitarMarshy @ 29 May 2015 18:24)
I love it, the only part I thought could use with a bit of work/modification is the part around 14-15seconds in, maybe it just sounded a bit messy for this specific take but if I were you, I'd play the notes separately instead of together.
12--------------11
--------12---------

Instead of

12-------11
12-------12

Maybe?
Of course this is your solo and I absolutely love it, so don't take my idea if you don't want it! Sounding really nice :) What's your band called? Do you have a Facebook page for it or anything? Sounds like something worth checking out!

Hey, thanks for your reply!

I'll give that tab you made a go, see if it feels better, I was a bit "meh" about the same part aswell actually, never found a good enough replacement.

We haven't got a facebook page yet, or a proper band name :), starting out right now!

But, thanks for the great feedback!
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll