d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Edrum > What Should I Buy
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 852.00
Apr 19 2015 08:35am
Hi. I've been playing that game called rockband for a moment on drum.

I'd like to start playing real drum.

On that game's drum there is a hi-hat, snare, crash, ride, 3 tums and bass drum (its an extra kit of cymbals basic game dont have)

theres no hi-hat pedal . . . (something I'd have to get used to)

w/e

this plastic drum is fallaing appart. I'd like to keep playing that game bcuz I like it, but instead of wasting money on another thing like that I'd like to buy an electronic drum.
So I could keep playing the game within (as long as theres a midi out on that drum)

I cant have an acoustic drum : I live in appartment. Talking about that, I'd like to have advices on what to do to reduce noise (like with bass drum pedal when you have neightboors under your appartment)

Main problem : indeed. I am going to get something shitty apparently : so far I have something like 4-500$ to spend on that ...
(wanted to buy an edrum a few months ago, when I didnt know I'd receive half $/month what I was supposed to. I wanted to spend 2k on that. now its impossible. still I'd like to start somewhere.)

another fact : I've got a injury to right leg, I can't play bass drum with right foot. so I have to play with left foot, while still having to play snare and hi hat on left side too bcuz I am right handed
for this, I saw that buying a cheap edrum would just give me 2 pedals not attached to anything, so I could easily switch them so I can play bass drum with left foot and hi hat pedal with right one
otherwise, what else could I do (I guess its possible to use the same system as a twin on a hi hat so I could leave it on left side and use right foot for its pedal, but that'd be on an acoustic drum)

so, any advices on what / where to buy (I live in canada), what to do for noise, for my troubles with bass drum pedal, etc

thanks in advance
Gold: 6.00
Apr 19 2015 08:41am
I don't know too much about edrums, so I'll try to help much as I can. Rolands are usually a go to for edrum, although they can get pretty pricey.

To minimize sound from an acoustic drum kit, usually placing blankets, or even small pillows can make a deeper sound, but it should also make the kick quieter. But since you aren't wanting acoustic this comment is irrelevant lol...

Uh, but for edrums you will be able to hook a headset up to no problem, so sound reduction doesn't really matter too much right?

Apr 19 2015 08:43am
Quote (Black_is_back @ 19 Apr 2015 10:41)
I don't know too much about edrums, so I'll try to help much as I can. Rolands are usually a go to for edrum, although they can get pretty pricey.

To minimize sound from an acoustic drum kit, usually placing blankets, or even small pillows can make a deeper sound, but it should also make the kick quieter. But since you aren't wanting acoustic this comment is irrelevant lol...

Uh, but for edrums you will be able to hook a headset up to no problem, so sound reduction doesn't really matter too much right?

well, I get warned sometimes from ppl living floor under me, only for bass drum pedal

Apr 19 2015 08:45am
Do you use a headset though? Or is it from speakers?
Apr 19 2015 08:47am
Quote (Black_is_back @ 19 Apr 2015 10:45)
Do you use a headset though? Or is it from speakers?

on speaker atm, but I use to watch movies, listen to music etc at least that loud (putting it a lil bit less loudy when playing that game to "avoid too much annoying stuff at once")
they never say a word. only when using the drum
Apr 19 2015 08:51am
Hmm... okay, look into either making or buying a shock absorber for the kick drum. It will help minimize sound travel through the apartment floor, and hopefully help in the long run.

If not, maybe place a mat or rug underneath?

This post was edited by Black_is_back on Apr 19 2015 08:52am
Apr 19 2015 08:53am
Quote (Black_is_back @ 19 Apr 2015 10:51)
Hmm... okay, look into either making or buying a shock absorber for the kick drum. It will help minimize sound travel through the apartment floor, and hopefully help in the long run.

heard bout that, still not sure what would be good. so far I can only think of those modular rubber carpet (big squares of different colors) we had when we were kid. not sure I could find this again.
where can I look to buy this?
Apr 19 2015 09:00am
I'm looking on amazon.ca at the moment, so possibly amazon. Other than that I'm also looking for sound reduction mats or something of the sort. XD
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll