d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Would Like To Get Back Into Music. > Pls Help
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22,771.00
Nov 9 2014 09:25pm
Played music all my childhood for 7 years and was pretty talented in all forms of Middle and High School types of bands. March, Jazz, drum line, Orchestra, Balle folclorico, and punk/ska.

Even played for a couple years in a band after high school but havent played since. I own 2 Acoustic guitars, 1 electric guitar, 1 electric piano and 2 trumpets. Brass is my forte but would love to get back into acoustic as well.

Anyone here into brass as well that can give me tips to increase my embouchure back to normal?

And guitar tips to learn basics again?

ty in advance.
Gold: 655.00
Nov 11 2014 07:29pm
For the guitar, just choose easy songs you want to play so you can learn all the chords on a guitar.
If that's too boring for you, listen to the rhythm parts of songs and try to learn each chord for the progression and play it. Hotel California is a good song for learning how to hold bar chords and switching around.
Finger exercises are important too so just do 1,2,3,4 up and down all 6 strings using alternate picking making sure that each note is played clearly. You'll develop strong fingers like this :)
Hope it helps.
Gold: 22,771.00
Nov 12 2014 12:26pm
Quote (DeathDeception @ Nov 11 2014 06:29pm)
For the guitar, just choose easy songs you want to play so you can learn all the chords on a guitar.
If that's too boring for you, listen to the rhythm parts of songs and try to learn each chord for the progression and play it. Hotel California is a good song for learning how to hold bar chords and switching around.
Finger exercises are important too so just do 1,2,3,4 up and down all 6 strings using alternate picking making sure that each note is played clearly. You'll develop strong fingers like this :)
Hope it helps.

wow thats actually a really good tip! Thanks man.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll