d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Got My First E-drum Kit > Looking For Advice
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 44.25
Nov 9 2014 02:41pm
Just got my first drum kit, and I want to learn how to hook it up to my computer to record drum tracks. I've heard of a method where you can link the output jack on the drum module to the mic jack on the computer, but that only gets one channel. I'm looking for a way to have control over each channel, or if possible just use the e-drums for triggers and use the computer to use new sounds (the sounds on the drum brain are limited).

Using a Simmons SD5X. I realize it's an introductory e-kit, but I'd like to try to get the most I can out of it.
Gold: 44.25
Dec 5 2014 07:29pm
Quote (Ghost_Smoke @ Nov 9 2014 03:41pm)
Just got my first drum kit, and I want to learn how to hook it up to my computer to record drum tracks. I've heard of a method where you can link the output jack on the drum module to the mic jack on the computer, but that only gets one channel. I'm looking for a way to have control over each channel, or if possible just use the e-drums for triggers and use the computer to use new sounds (the sounds on the drum brain are limited).

Using a Simmons SD5X. I realize it's an introductory e-kit, but I'd like to try to get the most I can out of it.

No one?
Gold: 13,030.00
Dec 22 2014 08:42am
Quote (Ghost_Smoke @ 6 Dec 2014 03:29)
No one?

i can give you my set-up if you want, it's to record an acoustic drums (am not sure if it's what u need, so lmk ^^)
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll