d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Anybody Here That Makes Trap Beats? > Know Any Good Pads?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,111.11
Nov 5 2014 07:41pm
Paying FG to who can lead me to a pack/ how I can find this type of bass.

https://soundcloud.com/chris-havok/exhale-ft-fturbl

The Sub bass the "dun dunnn" like where would I find similar hihats/ sub bass?

I like this mystical type.
Gold: 11.11
Nov 6 2014 02:51pm
You can find the hi-hats, or something similar anyway, in just about any pack with a variety of hi-hats. Just shorten the decay on a sampler if you're still not happy with how tight they are.

Sub bass is probably something you could/should make yourself. Sine wave with the proper envelope adjustments should do the trick. Something like, decent bit of sustain, tight attack. Play around. Then you'd want to make sure it's compressed tightly. The bass in the tune you linked is pretty plain so nothing crazy going on there.

I'm sure you can easily find a sub sample somewhere in a "trap" pack or something similar, but I'd really recommend making your own stuff whenever possible. For hats, I think sampling is probably a good option, but bass, I find you can get so much more freedom when you shape and construct it yourself. If you use Ableton, check out Operator. It makes lovely sub basses easily. Compression is a really important part of getting the bass right, though. I wouldn't expect to be able to just drop something in and be done, depending on the quality of music you are trying to produce. If you're just messing around, have a go with some synths and see where you can take it. You will learn a ton just by teaching yourself some basic synthesis and it will pay off heavily in the long run.

Good luck.
Gold: 0.00
Feb 4 2015 02:20pm
that bass would be in an 808 kit

eq it
compress it
eq it again
then distort it (on fl studio, its fruity fast dist), use a preset like heavy and you pretty much have a replica of that bass

after the sound is right, just make a bassline pattern using a keyboard
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll