d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Stuck > O.o
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Aug 21 2014 05:27pm
And its bothering me, I feel like my skill level is stuck, after only 8 months or so of playing...

I've been told the best thing to do is take lessons or find a jam buddy, as of now its just me and myself... What do JSP?

E: Side note, going to see Jack White at Merriweather in a few weeks.

This post was edited by ozzyarmy3 on Aug 21 2014 05:28pm
Aug 21 2014 09:12pm
i know that feeling most people i meet suggest trying out a diffrent instrument and listening to music

not sure what instrument you play but whenever i get stuck i try to master diffrent techniques ones i never attempted helps me add more to my arsenal piano also helped me learn alot of basic theory i never knew not to mention the collection of music books i glance at here n there always learning something good from that old book

it always frustrates the shit out of me when i feel Stuck but later on after i realize i learned something new it always cheers me up extending that one lick or mastering a tromolo pick or even finishing that one thingy you where learning but never finished becayuse it was hard lol

i also enjoy mimic wat other people are doing call me a copycat but i think i have a sharp ear gettin pretty good at it
Aug 30 2014 05:18pm
Quote (EvO-Endo @ Aug 22 2014 03:12am)
i know that feeling most people i meet suggest trying out a diffrent instrument and listening to music

not sure what instrument you play but  whenever i get stuck i try to master diffrent techniques ones i never attempted helps me add more to my arsenal  piano also helped me learn alot of basic theory i never knew not to mention the collection of music books i glance at here n there always learning something good from that old book

it always frustrates the shit out of me when i feel Stuck but later on after i realize i learned something new it always cheers me up extending that one lick or mastering a tromolo pick  or even finishing that one thingy you where learning but never finished becayuse it was hard lol

i also enjoy mimic wat other people are doing call me a copycat but i  think i have a sharp ear gettin pretty good at it

Learning piano now. I play guitar, and I'm starting lessons in the next few months. The guy I'm talking to will barter, so I'll just do his electrical work in his studio for lessons.. Saves him an ass load of money, and I basically get free studio and lessons.
Gold: 13,030.00
Sep 27 2014 02:57pm
buy books, when i started drums i bought something like "drum practice level 1", then you go "level 2", then you go"level 3" (once you've finished the previous one ofc), and so on

you level will obviously get better after you finished a book
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll