d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Looking To Purchase And Electronic Drum Set
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10.00
Aug 20 2014 07:43pm
So I was looking into taking up drumming as a hobby and wanted to
Purchase some electronic drums, is there anything specific I need to look for, what would be the best bang for my buck?

Any advice on finding a good set to start with is appreciated

I won't be talked out of this I am determined to try
Gold: 143.00
Aug 25 2014 08:04pm
best bang for your buck will probably be a used Roland TD9KX2, if you can afford it. If not, settle for a used td4 instead (wouldn't suggest the KP version, go for mesh heads all around)
since you are a beginner, I'd also suggest starting with a good teacher. Self-taught + electronic set is a very, very good way to learn everything the wrong way :D

Gold: 6,153.69
Sep 16 2014 02:02am
Quote (Zigaboo @ Aug 25 2014 09:04pm)
best bang for your buck will probably be a used Roland TD9KX2, if you can afford it. If not, settle for a used td4 instead (wouldn't suggest the KP version, go for mesh heads all around)
since you are a beginner, I'd also suggest starting with a good teacher. Self-taught + electronic set is a very, very good way to learn everything the wrong way :D

I can't say for sure this way since I was self-taught but I used an acoustic set.
I like my Yahama quite a bit but it wasn't cheap.
If you can do so, get an acoustic one. (I can't do to an apartment)
Roland isn't a bad choice.
If you need any tips/advice just ask me and I'll do my best to help get you started drumming as well as some songs to listen to and practice to learn new things.

I personally obsess over jazz and 5/4 drum beats(among other off time things) for whatever reason.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll