d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Transitioning From Drop Tunings > Into Standard
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
May 14 2014 01:37pm
Heya guys so I've recently gotten back into playing (guitar) after a few months hiatus from it, and I really wanted to start playing primarily in standard tunings as I've done almost nothing but drop tunings since I've started playing as it was just so much easier.

Mainly looking for any exercises and/or songs that have a heavy but simple focus on jumping from open string(chord?) to something further up the neck and back as that's what is killing me atm.

This post was edited by Oilerfan on May 14 2014 01:38pm
Gold: 0.00
May 14 2014 04:16pm
Quote (Oilerfan @ May 14 2014 07:37pm)
Heya guys so I've recently gotten back into playing (guitar) after a few months hiatus from it, and I really wanted to start playing primarily in standard tunings as I've done almost nothing but drop tunings since I've started playing as it was just so much easier.

Mainly looking for any exercises and/or songs that have a heavy but simple focus on jumping from open string(chord?) to something further up the neck and back as that's what is killing me atm.

Cheater chords? 2 minute chord changes, start to practice a lot of scales with only using 1 finger at a time, that gets your hand speed up. 2 minute changes between lets say an A minor chord to a C#barre chord.. Don't focus on accuracy yet, focus on speed, and eventually you'll build it up and be good. Switch back and forth every time you play one.

Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll