d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Practice.. > Yes
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Nov 22 2013 07:26pm
practice practice practice.. that's what everybody says to me
i want to be able to practice 8 hours a day like the professionals but i can't
i'm having severe problems motivating myself... been doing this course for 1 year, learning to play guitar and i've been going hard for at least half the year but the second half i seem to have "burned out"
what can i do? i don't even enjoy it; it's such a chore but i still have my vision of being a great guitar player and i want to chase it
any advice/thoughts/comments welcome ;-)
Gold: 0.00
Nov 24 2013 05:58am
Nobody cares :'(
Gold: 16,548.00
Nov 24 2013 10:22am
if you can't work 8hours a day, just don't. A lot of professionnals don't go over 5hours, others 4... It all depends on concentration and on your working method (you can work 8hours with shity work and make little progress or working 4hours with producive work and make huge progress)
Sometimes you also need to do a break, don't work for ~~ 2 or 3days, try to relax , avoid feeling guilty, and come back to work when you "rested" a little.
Also you might want to think the work differently, more like a discovery of the piece, an animal you have to conquer, a chess game, others... It can help
if you just work work for result you can be bored quickly because the result doesn't always come too fast and you loose your will and courage, working an instrument needs patience!

idk exactly how u work etc and I dont think i'll be much of a "technical help" since i'm not guitarist :p but i this post might help u.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll