d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Anyone Here Have > Grado Prestige Series Sr80i
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,227.27
Oct 12 2013 12:23pm
I'm looking to get a pair and I have couple questions about it.

I heard that it sounds amazing but because it's an open back design, sound leaks a lot. Does it leak that much if you have the volume on moderate setting?

And how comfortable are they? I know they are on-ear rather than over-ear so I was wondering if your ear gets sore from listening to it, too much.

And last and probably the most important question for me. Does the headphones come with a universal jack / adapter.
I know few of the headphones have a thick adapter / jack, so it doesn't fit with my phone case.
If someone could upload a picture of the headphone jack, I would really appreciate it.
Gold: 2,496.00
Oct 13 2013 04:12am
mhm my roomate had a pair but sold them.

you really can't use them while on the way cause the guy next to you will hear like everything.
pretty comfy for home and the quality is amazing for the price.

http://i.i.cbsi.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2012/06/19/Grado_SR80i_33801814_02_620x433.jpg
heres the jack
just take off your case?
Gold: 13.37
Oct 13 2013 06:58am
Personally i wouldnt buy any headphones without changeable chord, especially if i would be using them outside my home. I dont know about those specific headphones other than that you cant change the chord in them, so if you brake the chord, you need to throw the whole thing away(unless it broke on the plug side in which case you can buy a new plug and solder it on the chord easily). And the reason i wouldnt buy headphones without changeable chord, i bought these ultimate ears ear buds like 5 years ago, they cost me 160€(and also had to buy 3 chords for it during the time, which cost 20 € each), during the time my friend has been buying some cheap(20-50€) headphones and because the plug tends to brake(and they arent any more durable in bit more expensive headphones, except ofc in some headphones, but its not really something that comes with higher price automatically), so he has been paying for his crap headphones more than i have during the 5 years. Just something to consider, especially if you are buying 100€ headphones and keep braking the chord, you will be wasting shit loads of money.

I would suggest looking at these headphones if you are going to use them outside home http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/akg-k181dj-dj-style-headphones . They were the cheapest non studio headphones i could find which where you can change the chord if it brakes. Also they have had good reviews on the sound quality.

I have been checking out headphones quite a lot and overall theme with grados have been that the expensive ones(more expensive than those you are looking for) are really good(but again sound tends to leak cuz open or semi open cups), but only if you have a proper headphone amp for them and without good amp the sound tends to sound bit too hollow and not full enough. I dont know if those headphones have the same problem, but just something you might want to keep in mind with grados.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll