d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Jbl Prx Series Vs Qsc Kw Series
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 36,800.00
Sep 23 2013 08:19am
Not sure if there any DJs on this side of the forum but there are a lot of live bands it seems, and for live bands we're pretty much talking about the same speakers.

I've been looking at the QSC KW series for quite some time now, pretty much ready to make the purchase (2 x 3 way towers, 4 x 18inch subs.. both powered) but I would like to get some reviews from owners of the JBL PRX series which is the cheaper version of the two. I hear PRXs are pretty good, in some ways louder than the KWs, but they are significantly cheaper which leads me to believe that they won't last that long on the road. I know both of these speakers dont come anywhere near touring grade speakers like the SRX or even the eV but locating JBL SRX speakers in Toronto is very difficult and the eVs are an investment I plan to make down the road. Furthermore, powered speakers are really easy to setup and the amplifiers last longer since they are uniquely created for the speaker whereas with a non powered system like the SRX, if you don't know what you're doing, you'll blow the amp or the speakers in no time.

Any thoughts, recommendations or reviews from owners of either the JBL or QSC series would be helpful. I pretty much have my heart set on the QSC but to hear from owners and long term users of either sets would be more helpful than just reading specs. These speakers will be used to serve functions with 300-600 people.

QSC KW 153s and 181s

JBL PRX

Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll