d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Drumming After Wisdom Teeth > Halp
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jun 8 2013 03:10pm
sup doods
so basically i got all 4 wisdom teeth out on friday morning (around 11ish) and i've got a drumming gig tomorrow mid afternoon as well as wednesday/thursday of this upcoming week
the dental surgeon told me that physical activity isn't really recommended as the clotting in the blood may be disturbed causing dry sockets (which take a shit long time to heal/i've heard are really painful)
i can't afford dry sockets as i'm taking time off work (trumpet playing) while i recover from the surgery

does anyone have any experience with playing after having wisdom teeth out? am i safe or should i find a sub?
Gold: 5,268.80
Jun 8 2013 03:55pm
I'm not a drummer, but I have had dental work, and I really would listen to the dentist and get a sub - if you are an energetic drummer you are bound to knock the clot.

Live to drum another day
Gold: 0.00
Jun 8 2013 09:50pm
Pain vs. Income. Interesting position for you to be in. How much is your pain worth? I'd find a sub. It will take less time to heal now. May cost you more money down the road if you mess yourself up.
Gold: Locked
Warn: 40%
Jun 8 2013 11:06pm
Well did you get any bone taken out with the wisdom teeth?
I didn't have any need to drum when I got them removed... but they took bone out of my jaw lol.
I say you would be fine if you play generously and have cotton stuffed in your mouth lol.
sources: drummer for To Every Enemy - New Music Video being released this week. Featuring me. On drums. Mwuhahzaha
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll