d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Need Dynamics Strumming Help Guitar > Lmk Brahs
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Apr 1 2013 10:27pm
Hi there, long time no post but im back to ask an important question that I have been stumped on for some time.

the question i asked in the topic is vauge but let me explain, i can strum a pattern etc etc, what i have trouble with is "dynamics" or "technique" im not sure what to call it...

let me throw out a link or two to explain

in this one, he keeps doing that muting thing, when i do it, i either ring the notes, dont ring the notes enough, or i just plain cant concentrate on keeping what sounds like a nice rhythm in his song, and it sounds more like notes in mine, its tough for me to explain my issues with this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La8Y6n0oqz0

if you fast foward somehwere like 1/2 way into this song, you see elliot moving his fingers like a madman while strumming, if anyone knows a way to practice this type of thing that would be helpful, for now all i can think of is to strum like normal, and make my fingers spaz out while doing it...

theres a few more examples i could show, but my issue here is purely technical i think, i just lack a way to practice these things properly, when it comes to muting i always feel like im doing it wrong, and the other thing is just something im curious about as i imagine im no where near capable of that yet. If you're familiar with his music he usually plays acoustic type stuff, and its not like the kind of music you would hear out of most rockers, there is no precise pick movements or runs up and down the fretboard, its constant strumming in a way that makes me feel stupid when i play the same stuff and try to force it.

any helps appreciated thanks :P

This post was edited by blunderwonder2 on Apr 1 2013 10:28pm
Gold: 3,933.00
Apr 2 2013 04:35pm
Curious as well. Hopefully someone will answer :P
Gold: 0.00
Apr 2 2013 06:43pm
ya its not an easy question to answer i think it may be too broad. Its not something i can correct in a day or anything but I always feel like im palm muting wrong. Its just the people who do it frequently always seem to be good at it, i worry that my hand positioning is bad or something like that.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll