d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Want To Start Playing The Instrument
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 366.01
Mar 27 2013 09:24pm
So over the years I've realized that I'm liking more instrumental music more than anything, and whenever I listen to them, I try to imagine myself playing (even if it's wrong).

I was wondering if someone could help me start by telling me where to look for violin, viola, or cellos, and/or recommend to me one to play based off the differences.

This might be kinda sad, but the instrumental music I like the most are from animes, as I do love watching those too.

Anything from Yuki Kajiura I love, on top of some pieces from Toradora(Lost my pieces) and Guilty Crown(Krone).

Thanks for any help I can get!
Gold: 4,768.80
Mar 28 2013 04:53am
Music is music, it doesn't matter where it comes from if it evokes some emotion within you.

IMO, for instruments like that, I would recommend going to a music store and look for teachers, look for starter instruments, perhaps simply use Youtube to teach you the basics.
Gold: 630.01
Apr 3 2013 03:05pm
nothing wrong with that dude, i play a lot of chrono trigger/cross stuff on acoustic and also some stuff from my favourite anime

you have to enjoy what you are playing if you want to get better

i think a basic acoustic guitar will give you the most versatility

to give you an example, i play a lot of arrangements from the youtuber lonlonjp

here's a link to his channel and you can see what can be done with a guitar :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/lonlonjp/videos (browse through his videos or just search for some of your favourite songs, you may be surprised to find that he has arrangements for some of them)

i'm far from an expert, as i've only been playing guitar for a few years but feel free to message me if you have any questions and hopefully i can help

good luck!

This post was edited by BB_MelloYello on Apr 3 2013 03:10pm
Gold: 0.00
Apr 3 2013 07:29pm
guitar is alot of fun, if a bit frustrating to learn, and as a beginner theres plenty of tunes out there that are fun to learn and will be easily within reach.

if you decide to go with one of those more classical style instruments id go with cello. I have no technical or professional reason to suggest it, but i love the sound of cello, and theyre pretty versatile from what ive seen on television these days. I would bet theyre quite expensive though, and theres lots of extra stuff you need to learn whatwith the bows and resins and things, also theyre very big and sort of loud so youll have to have a good place to play it. i.e. it would be difficult to sit on your couch and fool around with a cello
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll