d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Need Help With Pedal Order (on New Pedalboard) > Pedals Inside
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,900.00
Mar 1 2013 06:36pm
Here is a list of pedals I intend to put in my board, but I don't know what order I should put them in. Put them in order for me :)

-Tuner
-Wah
-Distortion
-Chorus (for clean)
-10 band eq
-Reverb
-Noise suppresor
Gold: 8.03
Mar 1 2013 07:10pm
I always put the Wah pedal on the end. I usually have it on the right.

Other than that, whatever is most convenient for you I guess.
Gold: 36.00
Mar 2 2013 11:41pm
-Tuner
-Distortion
-EQ
-Reverb or Chorus, this spot is pretty interchangeable
-Wah

Noise Suppressor is kind of a tougher question since it depends on what type of noise suppressor exactly, whether or not you are using the distortion native to your amplifier, and what type of effects loop you are using. Think about how a noise suppressor works, basically on most you select a threshold and no noise below that threshold will be played, so sitting at idle it should be silent or relatively slient, then when a note is played that exceeds the threshold it opens up and plays ( its more complex than that but you get the point. So you have to decide which part of the signal you want to be gated. I personally only use the distortion from my amplifier, so I use no distortion pedals. (I use a mesa boogie triple rectifier) so I actually use my ISP Decimator in my effects loop and not in front of the amp so it actually gets rid of unwanted noise in my preamp before it actually is played out of my amp so I get a very nice quiet signal with heavy distortion at gig levels with very little loss. Since you are distorting from the board it's not quite as effective, so you might as well put it before the reverb and chorus but after the eq and distortion, since you dont want to gate an effected signal, but you want to gate after the distortion to kill the unwanted feedback and static sounds.

This post was edited by Automatica on Mar 2 2013 11:41pm
Mar 3 2013 09:42pm
So what I'm getting is:

Tuner
Distortion (or in this case it's an overdrive)
EQ
Noise Suppressor (to cancel out all sounds when singing, because I have to do this lol)
Chorus
Reverb
Wah

I should add that I do plan on using my marshall stacks distortion, the OD gives it a nice gainy crunch I love. I guess I would say it sounds like Slash to give you an idea.
Any other ideas? or is this about right?
Gold: 45,591.26
Trader: Trusted
Mar 4 2013 09:40am
I would put the wah pedal before the distortion/chorus/reverb.

Tuner
Wah
EQ / distortion (could go in either place, it can affect the sound a bit depending on the place.
Chorus
Reverb

Depending on the noise suppressor you have and what you're aiming to eliminate, you can put it in earlier or later. If you're getting mains hum*, which is unpredictable in venues, putting it in the chain earlier is good. If your pedals are noisy and you want to eliminate some of that, put it in later, before your delays (chorus reverb etc). If it's both, then put it later in the chain.

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mains_hum
Gold: 42.32
Mar 4 2013 11:54am
Quote (Zodijackyl @ 4 Mar 2013 11:40)
I would put the wah pedal before the distortion/chorus/reverb.

Tuner
Wah
EQ / distortion (could go in either place, it can affect the sound a bit depending on the place.
Chorus
Reverb

Depending on the noise suppressor you have and what you're aiming to eliminate, you can put it in earlier or later. If you're getting mains hum*, which is unpredictable in venues, putting it in the chain earlier is good. If your pedals are noisy and you want to eliminate some of that, put it in later, before your delays (chorus reverb etc). If it's both, then put it later in the chain.

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mains_hum

this
Mar 4 2013 10:16pm
The noise suppressor is the boss one, I just use it to turn all sounds off completely when i sing (and am not playing)
Gold: 42.32
Mar 5 2013 08:04am
Quote (RedOrb @ 5 Mar 2013 00:16)
The noise suppressor is the boss one, I just use it to turn all sounds off completely when i sing (and am not playing)

Why not use the bypass feature on the TU-2?

Mar 6 2013 09:33am
I have a tu-3, but that is pretty brilliant. 1 less pedal to worry about muahaha
Gold: 0.00
Mar 6 2013 04:49pm
Quote (l_l_l @ Mar 5 2013 08:04am)
Why not use the bypass feature on the TU-2?

I haven't played in awhile, but if I remember correctly, a noise suppressor will get rid of any amp or cable noise/buzz, and the TU-2 Bypass only got rid of guitar noise.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll