d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > New Music Video > Shellshock - Awakening
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4.01
Oct 23 2012 02:13pm
This band, I just did session drumming for their album and recently this music video. They are called Shellshock

Check it out, gets pretty heavy in the last minute :)

This post was edited by dysgenics on Oct 23 2012 02:16pm
Gold: 0.00
Oct 23 2012 03:23pm
That snare sound.. Make it stop..

Also, I don't know who did the mixing and how that person did it, but I really find it horrible.

Otherwise, I guess it's a pretty solid composition, not my style though.

Pretty sick that you got to drum with them.

This post was edited by Darkshade on Oct 23 2012 03:23pm
Gold: 4.01
Oct 24 2012 04:45am
Quote (Darkshade @ Oct 23 2012 09:23pm)

Haha, although I had nothing to do with the choice of sounds... I can tell you the band wanted to keep all the original recorded sounds and samples instead of using the producers replacement sounds. The snare and bass drum are usually several layers to make each one to give it that drum n bass compressed sound. There are a few different ones it doesnt just stick to one drum sound, this might be whats annoying you... Apart from that I think the snare in the metal sections is pretty decent. Listen out, because one of them actually has a frying pan sound layered onto it for the "pang". LOL

Also, I don't know who did the mixing and how that person did it, but I really find it horrible.

If you had heard what this mixing was like before it got sent to the producer, you would give the guy a medal for his work at polishing a turd :)

Cheers dude, I agree on all these points, including its not my kinda music. The guys are good composer's though.

This post was edited by dysgenics on Oct 24 2012 04:46am
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Oct 25 2012 02:42am
Quote (Darkshade @ Oct 24 2012 08:23am)

I agree, whoever mixed it made it sound, I don't want to sound harsh but the only word I can think of is fake like very digital/dull and all the instruments including vocals seem to be at one level. theres like no tone ^^ to better describe it

Nice drumming though nice song over all but if it was recorded better/mixed it would sound a lot better. the singer will be sick in the future when he knows how to control his voice better. ^^

This post was edited by Ivor on Oct 25 2012 02:53am
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll