d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > '11 American Standard Stratocaster > Metal Test?!
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.69
Sep 12 2012 04:44pm
Most people know me as the guy that builds guitars.
I do buy them sometimes, when I find a gem that can't be left.

Meet Butters.
2011 American Fender Stratocaster, in Olympic White, with Rosewood (fuck maple) fretboards.

So, this is just a random play-through. Did the whole, Blues, Jazz, Classic rock thing with her already, I decided to see, what kind of tones I could get with a fully stock Standard American Strat.
Playing Metal. Through a solid state amp, (less than $300) and an entry American Strat.
Should by interesting.

Playing through a stock FM-100H Head and slant cab 4x12. No fancy do-dahs, and at a medium budget of 1500, defiantly capable set-up.
Starts a bit slow, mostly noise checks, leads come in the last minute or so, mostly messing around, no songs really, just a few riffs on the top of my mind, and then some freestyle.

It's nothing that I'm used to, but she just has so much versatility! I've got a line up of Jumbo Fret shred beasts, but none of them can hit the versatility she can

This post was edited by MoinkAlThor on Sep 12 2012 04:49pm
Retired Moderator
Gold: 8,500.69
Trader: Trusted
Sep 20 2012 12:59pm
Strats are some of my favorite guitars. Super versatile. I had one for a while. I just kinda dig jumbo frets, though.
Gold: 0.69
Sep 26 2012 12:30pm
Quote (Creations @ Sep 20 2012 01:59pm)
Strats are some of my favorite guitars. Super versatile. I had one for a while. I just kinda dig jumbo frets, though.

I've usually always owned a Strat variation of some sorts. It started out with the Ibanez RG series, then the Prestige, and moved on to the Xiphos. I simply wanted a guitar that I could have that tonal versatility without sacrificing playability. I've usually had to heavily modify my guitars to get each one to where I wanted them, but it's a pain when you have to switch back and forth between axes when trying to accomplish a certain tone.

Currently in the middle of getting David Gilmour EMG DG20's swap out, and stoked in the meanwhile
Gold: 13.37
Oct 9 2012 07:03am
maple > rosewood. rosewood ruins the beautiful looks of white strat
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll