d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Kijiji Steal
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,523.00
Aug 30 2012 06:30pm
So as I was doing my daily kijiji/craigslist trolling, I came across an add for a Stewart Snare Drum with Nomad Case for $50. Obviously, I emailed him right away hoping he still had it (posting was an hour old).

At the same time, I noticed an add in regards to assorted drum hardware, which advertised a VERY fair deal (price was $1, just asked for an offer). I decided to email and ask how much he wanted for everything.

Lone behold, I get a response from the guy with the snare, it's still available! Then, seconds later, I get a reply from the same guy about the hardware. He asked everything pictured above for $30. Obviously, I said I would take all the hardware and the snare, and left immediately to pick them up.

Ended up getting the following for just $80:

Pearl Hi Hat Stand
3x Snare Stands
2x Straight Cymbal Stands
1x Hide Away Boom Stand
Tom Mount/Clamp
2x Cymbal Stand Bottoms
Base of Gibralter Throne
Cowbell Kick Mount
Stewart Snare Drum
Nomad Snare Carrying Case

I'd have to say it was a pretty good scoop.
Gold: 12.00
Aug 30 2012 08:17pm
Smokin' deal. Don't think the Stewart is worth anything but it's neat and you never know when the collector market says, "Yea! This is the thing to get!" See if you can find some old snare strand string to restore it to original spec and hold on to it. Cool drum none the less. Sweet deal on hardware. Make some money off it!
Gold: 4,768.80
Aug 31 2012 02:17am
Thats a hell of a deal and a stunning looking drum! Well played :D
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll