d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Can Anyone Vouch This Drumset? > Alesis Dm6
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 60.00
Warn: 10%
Aug 12 2012 09:30am
http://www.amazon.com/Alesis-DM6-Performance-Electronic-Drumset/dp/B002C4SM5W/ref=sr_1_1?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1344784576&sr=1-1

WAS 699.99

NOW 379.99

This is an electronic drumset, which is perfect for my house because of the family. The only problem i face is that a lot of the reviews say "...good for the price" and "...good for beginners"

When I read those two lines, I instantly think of the reviews for squire guitars and how they're great for starters/ for the price, but their quality isn't solid.

thoughts? I want a drum set to learn on, but I honestly don't want to drum for a band or preform.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 12 2012 05:45pm
First sorry for the bad grammer / English.

I would say don't do it, if u wanna have a electronic drumset better safe money for a Roland kit our Yamaha.
I had in the past a Alesis DM7 bought for like 500/600 euro's, and i regret it after like 2-3 weeks, the feeling isn't that great the cymbals don't work that accurate as they say + they make fucking noise.
I sold it within 2 months, and had already saved some money for a Roland Kit that cost me 1550 euro.

Also those cymbals making fucking noise, but are much more accurate plus i have my snare and toms with (gaas vel) mesh pad (if correct English) this works so fucking nice.
Also the module of the Roland is 100x better then the Alesis model.

I changed my kit alot with some latin percussion and cowbells, also double bass, plus a new hit-hat stand for the real feeling.
Spend like 2600 euro already for that kit but it is worth it for sure.

I have now idee if u can spend like the double amount of money then the Alesis but imo it is worth it to get a Roland also search for one with mesh pad's works so FINE!

U can pm me if u have any questions our maby i can send a vid our something for u :P
Gold: 3,933.00
Aug 18 2012 11:57pm
I've messed with a few Alesis drumsets at various music stores and id say im quite fond of them. They don't necessarily match up to the top tier Roland Drumsets with the mesh pads but they're definitely better than the old electronic Roland drumsets that only had rubber pads. If you want to go for a real feel, a real drumset is always the way to go. But if this is something you're going to use only for practice, its definitely a great tool.

Some things that may be lacking with this set however are accurate rimshots and cymbals. Otherwise, it should probably do its job well.

Ideally, you want to have a place to go where you can play on a real drumset, then come home and practice the stuff without annoying the hell out of your family :P.

For only $379, i think its a great buy. I haven't looked at electronic kits in a while but from experience, they're almost always over the $800 mark.

Last but not least though, before buying anything, you should probably try it out. Go to your local music store (or a music store that has this drumset) and test it out. See if you like it for yourself and if you feel that it'll last you.

Hope this helps! :P

Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll