d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Is Chop Suey Hard To Play? > By Soad
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jul 22 2012 04:55pm
its chop suey hard to play? and im a beginner do you think i could learn how to play it!
Gold: 0.69
Jul 22 2012 05:07pm
Depends on what you consider 'hard to play' and 'beginner'.

I'd state that yes, for a beginner, it's a bit complicated to play, as for the main verses, it will require you to alternate pick, and be agile enough on your fingers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0xj8AlXW7Q

Overall it's 'do-able' it just depends on how hard you want to play it.

As a teacher though, I recommend you set it as a goal, and learn the bits and pieces of it until you're able to play it through.

One of the first songs I wanted to learn to play ten years ago was Master of Puppets. Let me tell you, it's not an easy feat for a new guy. But as I learned other songs along the way, bits and pieces of Puppets was achievable, and the stamina/dexterity to play these kind of metal songs comes in.

Gold: 16,380.00
Jul 22 2012 06:53pm
this is one of those songs that won't sound good alone and you gotta play along with the song because the percussion is such a big part of it. not a huge fan of that
that being said, it's definitely a good song to practice rhythm and picking with

Quote (MoinkAlThor @ Jul 22 2012 06:07pm)
Depends on what you consider 'hard to play' and 'beginner'.

I'd state that yes, for a beginner, it's a bit complicated to play, as for the main verses, it will require you to alternate pick, and be agile enough on your fingers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0xj8AlXW7Q

Overall it's 'do-able' it just depends on how hard you want to play it.

As a teacher though, I recommend you set it as a goal, and learn the bits and pieces of it until you're able to play it through.

One of the first songs I wanted to learn to play ten years ago was Master of Puppets. Let me tell you, it's not an easy feat for a new guy. But as I learned other songs along the way, bits and pieces of Puppets was achievable, and the stamina/dexterity to play these kind of metal songs comes in.

his fingers remind me of paul gilbert's. aka scary.
Gold: 4,768.80
Jul 23 2012 02:26am
SoaD is not quite as fun to play as it is to listen to (on guitar anyway)

It's not incredibly hard, the first thing you gotta do is Downtune properly - if it says tuning D A D G B E then you gotta downtune your Low E string 2 notes.

Everything else has been said really.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll