d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Best Place Online To Learn How To Play Guitar?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jul 4 2012 11:51pm
Where is the best place to learn how to play guitar i just got a new guitar yesterday and i just wanted to know where to go to learn how to play any website? i dont care if they cost a little money for a good website that will teach me a lot of things and then maybe further down the line ill just go take some lessons locally i know there are a few places but i just want somewhere to start and i need a good website or book and i know youtube has some but i just want a good website lol

edit: oh this may not matter but im 19 is it to late to learn? i bought a nice fender stratocaster red with a white pick guard and is made in mexico at a pawn shop it as now dents dinks or scratches and the strings are the guy through in a pack of fender picks and guitar strings for free and a free gigbag and no its not a square but i dont know if that matters you think that sounds good for a stratocaster? or did i get ripped off?

This post was edited by STL4jsp on Jul 4 2012 11:55pm
Gold: 4,768.80
Jul 5 2012 03:10am
www.ultimate-guitar.com

This is the BIBLE of guitar online. And 19 is not too late to learn, heed my advice, NO AGE IS TOO OLD TO LEARN AN INSTRUMENT - Time is the only dedication you need.

If you want my no-holds-barred advice on learning, start with an acoustic, and learn open acoustic chords.

Once you have mastered these chords, learn The Animals - House Of The Rising Sun.
Gold: 16,380.00
Jul 5 2012 07:30am
Quote (STL4jsp @ Jul 5 2012 12:51am)
Where is the best place to learn how to play guitar i just got a new guitar yesterday and i just wanted to know where to go to learn how to play any website? i dont care if they cost a little money for a good website that will teach me a lot of things and then maybe further down the line ill just go take some lessons locally i know there are a few places but i just want somewhere to start and i need a good website or book and i know youtube has some but i just want a good website lol

edit: oh this may not matter but im 19 is it to late to learn? i bought a nice fender stratocaster red with a white pick guard and is made in mexico at a pawn shop it as now dents dinks or scratches and the strings are the guy through in a pack of fender picks and guitar strings for free and a free gigbag and no its not a square but i dont know if that matters you think that sounds good for a stratocaster? or did i get ripped off?

strats will sound good regardless of mex/american/japanese. nice pick, by the way, you listened to us :)
i started when i was 19 (2 years ago) and now i can play any song with tabs on ultimate-guitar, and i'm learning scales and soloing. i have all the techniques down, i just need the theory to back it up. it's really easy to pick up, and you just gotta stay dedicated. impress your friends, join a band, stay motivated. i know too many people who had a really nice initial learning phase and then just dropped it when they got bored. it'd be a shame with that beautiful tone from that strat.

i used ultimate-guitar.com for tabs for my favorite songs
nextlevelguitar.com and justinguitar.com for the basic techniques and start-up

start with learning all the basic open chords. when you get better and can fingerpick, learn songs by john mayer. you'll learn to appreciate good modern-day guitarists/musicians and not that katy perry crap or whatever else is out now. the added bonus of girls' panties dropping around you ain't half bad either.

Quote (bob(Cs2) @ Jul 5 2012 04:10am)
www.ultimate-guitar.com

This is the BIBLE of guitar online. And 19 is not too late to learn, heed my advice, NO AGE IS TOO OLD TO LEARN AN INSTRUMENT - Time is the only dedication you need.

If you want my no-holds-barred advice on learning, start with an acoustic, and learn open acoustic chords.

http://chainsawguitartuition.net/blog/guitar-chords-major.gif

Once you have mastered these chords, learn The Animals - House Of The Rising Sun.

you don't need an acoustic to learn open chords.
Gold: 4,768.80
Jul 5 2012 09:00am
Quote (rko_evolution @ 5 Jul 2012 14:30)
strats will sound good regardless of mex/american/japanese. nice pick, by the way, you listened to us :)
i started when i was 19 (2 years ago) and now i can play any song with tabs on ultimate-guitar, and i'm learning scales and soloing. i have all the techniques down, i just need the theory to back it up. it's really easy to pick up, and you just gotta stay dedicated. impress your friends, join a band, stay motivated. i know too many people who had a really nice initial learning phase and then just dropped it when they got bored. it'd be a shame with that beautiful tone from that strat.

start with learning all the basic open chords. when you get better and can fingerpick, learn songs by john mayer. you'll learn to appreciate good modern-day guitarists/musicians and not that katy perry crap or whatever else is out now. the added bonus of girls' panties dropping around you ain't half bad either.

I never said you need it - I said it's recommended. Learn on acoustic = uber light electric.
Learn on electric = incredibly hard acoustic playing.
Jul 5 2012 09:07am
Quote (bob(Cs2) @ Jul 5 2012 10:00am)
I never said you need it - I said it's recommended. Learn on acoustic = uber light electric.
Learn on electric = incredibly hard acoustic playing.

that's true. i learned on acoustic, but there's a lot more technique on that strat. string bends, squeals, and whammy vibratos with that signature strat floating bridge can't be done on any acoustic. just harden those callouses and you'll be all set
Gold: 0.00
Jul 5 2012 08:04pm
Quote (bob(Cs2) @ Jul 5 2012 03:10am)
www.ultimate-guitar.com

http://chainsawguitartuition.net/blog/guitar-chords-major.gif

Quote (rko_evolution @ Jul 5 2012 07:30am)
[CODE]

thankyou both for the advice and i just decided to spend a little more money and just got a cheap acoustic guitar on *** its a fender fa-100 i read its really good for beginners and has a really nice sound to it and only paid 74.99 lol im happy i worked thoughs extra hours otherwise i wouldnt be able to afford anything like this and my acoustic is getting here tomorrow!
Jul 5 2012 09:55pm
Quote (STL4jsp @ Jul 5 2012 09:04pm)
thankyou both for the advice and i just decided to spend a little more money and just got a cheap acoustic guitar on *** its a fender fa-100 i read its really good for beginners and has a really nice sound to it and only paid 74.99 lol im happy i worked thoughs extra hours otherwise i wouldnt be able to afford anything like this and my acoustic is getting here tomorrow!

can't go wrong with fenders :)
dreadnought too, so it'll sound rich and full
good pick
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll