d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Electric Acoustic Guitar > What Do You Know?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,266.44
Jun 24 2012 08:32pm
hey there, im thinking about buying an electric acoustic guitar :)

but i dont know too much about them, and google is not being my friend

i want to learn from you guys ;) what do you know about them? and what should i look for when buying one, and also the approximate price for a solid one
Gold: 4,768.80
Jun 25 2012 03:16am
Well my first guitar was an Encore Electro-Acoustic and it's excellent and I still use it today after 12~years.

First things first - how does it play as a pure acoustic? Is the neck thick/thin enough? Does the body sit comfortably on your body, or when standing does it have a nice even weight?

Encore, Yamaha, Fender, Washburn, all of these makes of guitar are excellent for Acoustics and range from £100 - £500.

If you have not played guitar before, or are not sure if this is your life passion, then I suggest spending no more than £150/£200 because you can get a damn fine instrument for that price, and if you decide after a month or so that guitar isn't for you, you havn't invested a stupid amount of money on it!

Go to a guitar shop - play some, talk to the staff (providing they aren't like CODA Music UK staff, wankers) and you should get all the info you need.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll