d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Software > Editing Rap
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 58,286.31
Jun 19 2012 11:41pm
Buddy of mine has some fantastic ability to rap. I wanna help him out by learning some editing software. Any recommendations? I can get basically anything, money is no issue.

something that is maybe easier to learn?

I heard logic pro is the best, I have access to both a PC and a MAC
Gold: 0.00
Jun 21 2012 02:10pm
Quote (Nupper @ Jun 20 2012 01:41am)
Buddy of mine has some fantastic ability to rap. I wanna help him out by learning some editing software. Any recommendations? I can get basically anything, money is no issue.

something that is maybe easier to learn?

I heard logic pro is the best, I have access to both a PC and a MAC

I personally like Cubase because of the easy access controls. Pro-Tools is the industry's standard but I find the controls very confusing to find and very confusing to use sometimes.

I believe logic is for MAC only but I could be wrong. Another reason to go with something different.

For something like Rap I would go with something easy to make beats it. (Ableton, Cubase, FL Studio)

I have Cubse 6.5 and I really love it. But people really only like what they get used to and like to stick to it.
Jun 25 2012 10:38pm
If you'd like to record him through a mic, suggest Cubase (if you prefer using windows). It's great for audio editing and recording, some great software effects and instruments, and the possibilities are basically endless once you start to add additional vsts (virtual software instruments).

A more popular, and probably easier to learn option (assuming you have no prior experience with DAW [digital audio workstation] software at all) is FL Studio. It has a great midi engine, which makes it a bit easier and quicker (imo) to create beats with the included instruments. It is more loop and step pattern based, but again, the possibilities are endless.

If you prefer a mac, Logic is a lot like the MAC equivalent of Cubase.

Ableton Live is also great if you like to improvize live, and get ideas out quickly. It has a 'session view' mode that allows you to quickly create clips and scenes that you can than quickly launch and loop and continue creating. The UI and built in instruments are a little harder to learn and get used to however.

There are other options as well. Reason is a 'in the box' type of program; it imitates a hardware rack full of gear and has a ton of cool instruments, though might be daunting to learn.
Look at some youtube videos of each DAW, maybe download some demo versions and pick what you like. In the end though, pick one, learn it and stick with it. Don't regret it, they are all great.
Gold: 1,983.00
Jun 26 2012 11:22pm
Fl Studio just won best daw on synthtopia beat ableton pro tools cubase reason its what i use and its really straightforward, the demo is free.
Jun 29 2012 07:55am
Quote (XXb-dawgXX @ Jun 27 2012 01:22am)
Fl Studio just won best daw on synthtopia beat ableton pro tools cubase reason its what i use and its really straightforward, the demo is free.

lol

Well considering the site is called synthtopia and FLStudio is a program that specializes in synth and midi, that award is very flawed

That's like windows 7 winning the best operating system award on windows.com rofl

This post was edited by Rushton on Jun 29 2012 07:58am
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll