d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Feeling Overwhelmed With My Guitar
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 60.00
Warn: 10%
Jun 3 2012 08:30pm
I want to play my guitar, both chords and lead and just flow with it. but i don't know where to start. when I look at the neck of my guitar and all the potential chords, bar chords, etc i feel like i have no idea where to start.

where should i begin? What would help me get better at connecting chords to sound like a melody???
Gold: 1.00
Jun 7 2012 07:30pm
There is a learning curve like most things. You might practice 4 hours a day for a year and make very little progress, and then something just clicks and you suddenly start making more progress. All I can say is keep practicing, never give up. You get 10 times the experience "jamming" with other musicians as you do on your own, so do that. If you don't know how to "jam" you need to learn keys. For example if someone says it's in the key of G you need to know what that means and what to play. Start with basic theory (learning keys, major/minor scales), then start playing with others and you will start to build up your skill and establish your own sound.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 7 2012 09:16pm
learning other people's songs will help you too
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll