d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Releasing An Ep In May. > Need Some Criticism.
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 32.62
Apr 16 2012 11:25am
We've all been musicians for a long time, and this EP is essentially the culminating efforts of all four of us. We're releasing this EP completely by our own with no labels, marketing agreements or promotions outside of us. As such, I'd REALLY appreciate anyone who is reading this to both listen and COMMENT in this topic about the music in the link.

You don't need to listen to all 4 songs, just Awake, as that will be the radio single we're promoting. If you want to listen to the others, by all means. I'd love some input on what you liked (if anything) or what you disliked (if anything).

If you want to be harsh, go for it, but have reasons for your argument/statement. Like I said, we're rock music, so judge it based off of the current rock music out there.

Thanks guys/girls, and I look forward to hearing from you all.

http://www.reverbnation.com/riotsandrevelry <--- Link
Gold: 36.00
Apr 16 2012 04:56pm
Another generic butt rock band. But it's nicely put together and you guys seem like good musicians, but meh. Probably end up famous and rich.
Gold: 3,134.00
Apr 16 2012 07:11pm
Quote (Automatica @ 16 Apr 2012 22:56)
Another generic butt rock band.  But it's nicely put together and you guys seem like good musicians, but meh.  Probably end up famous and rich.

I'm sorry but I have to agree. You hear the same from radio all the time and I personally dislike bands and songs that are made simply to be "radio hits". They are all the same and they are boring. I got bored of the song before it ended :/

Don't get me wrong, it sounds good and I'm sure people who only listen to radio will like it.

Edit: I only listened the "Awake".

This post was edited by TheBe on Apr 16 2012 07:12pm
Gold: 0.00
Apr 16 2012 08:22pm
yeah, bro- butt rock has gotta go, sorry. im sure you're all talented but kill the songwriter and get someone who can sing above middle C
Gold: 12.00
Apr 16 2012 08:39pm
I'd say It's good for what it is. Not my bag of tea but at first I thought Nickel Back (Awake) but then I thought Tool with the remainder. That's mostly the vocalist doing that. I'm not a big fan of samples/triggered drums but there's a time and a place for it. My ears get tired of listening to drum tracks/CD's littered with that production. To each his own. In this material it makes the tunes sound like demos for the guitarists and singer to me.

If there's anything missing, I'd say something "extra." Something not part of the songs. Some kind of soundscape that floats around in the background of the tunes. Or maybe another guitar track or two with a totally different guitar sound. Either over the top octaver, or even fuzzy synth, or maybe a chimey clean delayed guitar twinkling above everything. Arpeggiating acoustic track? Just something else. You've got everything you need for a song but now give me something else for the album. Something that makes your tunes yours and not sound like Nickelback or Tool.
Gold: 12.00
Apr 16 2012 08:40pm
Quote (Superchum @ Apr 16 2012 09:39pm)
I'd say It's good for what it is. Not my bag of tea but at first I thought Nickel Back (Awake) but then I thought Tool with the remainder. That's mostly the vocalist doing that. I'm not a big fan of samples/triggered drums but there's a time and a place for it. My ears get tired of listening to drum tracks/CD's littered with that production. To each his own. In this material it makes the tunes sound like demos for the guitarists and singer to me.

If there's anything missing, I'd say something "extra." Something not part of the songs. Some kind of soundscape that floats around in the background of the tunes. Or maybe another guitar track or two with a totally different guitar sound. Either over the top octaver, or even fuzzy synth, or maybe a chimey clean delayed guitar twinkling above everything. Arpeggiating acoustic track? Just something else. You've got everything you need for a song but now give me something else for the album. Something that makes your tunes yours and not sound like Nickelback or Tool.

Oh yea...

Congratulations on your EP!
Gold: 32.62
Apr 17 2012 07:56am
Quote (TheBe @ Apr 17 2012 01:11am)
I'm sorry but I have to agree. You hear the same from radio all the time and I personally dislike bands and songs that are made simply to be "radio hits". They are all the same and they are boring. I got bored of the song before it ended :/

Don't get me wrong, it sounds good and I'm sure people who only listen to radio will like it.

Edit: I only listened the "Awake".

Sadly that's the music industry. You generate what they can market for their profit and yours or you generate music that doesn't pay you well. We're simply trying to break out on the radio which means appealing to the majority of radio listeners.
Gold: 3,134.00
Apr 17 2012 01:45pm
Quote (shadowman1 @ 17 Apr 2012 13:56)
Sadly that's the music industry. You generate what they can market for their profit and yours or you generate music that doesn't pay you well. We're simply trying to break out on the radio which means appealing to the majority of radio listeners.

Yes I know that's the industry. I personally do not play for the money tho. If I someday get some, awesome.

Bolded part: I can hear it from your song...

GL nonethless!
Gold: 23.00
Apr 17 2012 02:16pm
He's definitely got that Nickel Back grunge sound. You'll definitely get radio listeners...and the cougars
Gold: 0.00
Apr 17 2012 02:26pm
Good
But song 2,3,4 sound the same
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll