d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Requiem - Question
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Apr 12 2012 10:08am
So I've been fascinated by this beautiful dramatic music. And i wanted to learn which type of music i can call as "Requiem"
When I searched to learn more about it, I only found the Catholic text, which from my reading must be the same, but I've found no clue about other ingredients that this type of music must have.
In short, i'm asking what are the things that form the Requiem apart from the text.

Thanks in advanced.
Gold: 4,768.80
Apr 12 2012 11:38am
Well, look at the term Requiem. By it's wiki definition, Mass for the Dead, this could be considered an example of music called Requiem. It's content it's well, spot on. And the aggression and energy give off all the simple ideas of the dead

There is also Lamb of God - Requiem, but from the chorus i'm not so sure *-/
Gold: 0.00
Apr 12 2012 03:09pm
Well, I didn't meant on how the compositor interpret it.
My question is if there are specific rules to follow in order to compose a requiem.
Take limerick for example. It has to have 5 lines and specific rhyme. If you won't follow those rules you won't get a limerick.

But i guess there are non. The text must be the same and so the music that must fit the text has to be dramatic and powerful.
Gold: 4,768.80
Apr 13 2012 02:05am
Yeah I think the aim is to compliment lyrical content with musical power. I think you are right, specifically there aren't rules as such, but be a good idea to build a big crescendo.

Sorry couldn't be more help ^_^
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll