d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Small, Cheap Keyboard With Midi?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 13,003.50
Apr 1 2012 10:13pm
Im trying to find a small keyboard with midi in/out that i can mess around with in my dorm but not spend much money on. Doesn't need to be fancy at all. Any recommendations?? Definitely nothing over $100, idc if its used or not. Just looking to hook up to my laptop to play around with.
Gold: 11.11
Apr 1 2012 10:49pm
I'm assuming you would be using a computer, yeah? If so, why not just get a USB midi controller? MIDI controllers don't contain sound though, you must process your sound through your computer and trigger it with the keys/knobs/faders on the controller. If you want a cheap synthesizer that can also be a MIDI controller, I think that's a pretty standard feature these days but the microKORG is a solid buy though it's out of your price range by a bit. It's still quite a cheap synth and great quality for the price. Check out M-Audio for some cheap options on controllers but I gotta tell you, I think M-Audio stuff is kinda cheaply made. If you spent a little more you could get a real nice Akai MPK25 or something. Also depends how many keys you want, 25s are going to be cheaper than 49s or full size keyboards.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll