d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Hi Looking For Headphones > Anything From 100-250$
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.20
Mar 23 2012 07:34pm
Looking for a decent set of Over-Ear headphones since my last ( Skull Candy ) broke on me,
Ill be using them both indoors and outdoors ( bike riding ) so they woulod need to be comfortable and stable,
Id rather not get Dre Beats, seems like im paying for the name instead of quality.

But any directions to sites that'll help me out or if you know of some good ones!

Gold: 4,768.80
Mar 24 2012 04:03am
Quote (Annor @ 24 Mar 2012 01:34)
Looking for a decent set of Over-Ear headphones since my last ( Skull Candy ) broke on me,
Ill be using them both indoors and outdoors ( bike riding ) so they woulod need to be comfortable and stable,
Id rather not get Dre Beats, seems like im paying for the name instead of quality.

But any directions to sites that'll help me out or if you know of some good ones!

Duuuuuuuuude - I personally think the Dre Beats are AWESOME quality. I've always loved the Apple iPod headphones - but the Dre Beats are so much better. I'm serious, fork out the money and enjoy the sweet sounds.

Shocked your SkullCandy's broke - they are menna be good!

Also - is that Vanessa Hudgens in your sig?

This post was edited by bob(Cs2) on Mar 24 2012 04:04am
Gold: 0.00
Mar 24 2012 09:19am
Headphones always seem like an awkward option for bike riding particularly because a lot the high end headphones come with 10' straight cables. First one that comes to mind is ATH-m50 though because you can buy one with a coiled cable, they have a tight fit, and decent isolation. Maybe Beyerdynamic DT-770s would be another option.

It's hard to speculate without knowing what kind of sound you're going for, and what kind of music you like to listen to.

For what it's worth, there are really high end, fancy inner ear monitors, but I've never spent a lot of time researching them, and I don't know anyone with a pair.
Gold: 4,768.80
Mar 24 2012 09:24am
Quote (Derkaderk @ 24 Mar 2012 15:19)
Headphones always seem like an awkward option for bike riding particularly because a lot the high end headphones come with 10' straight cables. First one that comes to mind is ATH-m50 though because you can buy one with a coiled cable, they have a tight fit, and decent isolation. Maybe Beyerdynamic DT-770s would be another option.

It's hard to speculate without knowing  what kind of sound you're going for, and what kind of music you like to listen to.

For what it's worth, there are really high end, fancy inner ear monitors, but I've never spent a lot of time researching them, and I don't know anyone with a pair.

That word reminded me to suggest Behringer. Really bloody good make, could be better than Beatz
Mar 24 2012 09:58am
It's Marina & The Diamonds in my sig.

I listen to anything from Country / Rap / Heavy metal..lol my music variety is retarded

Considering it's hard to find those type of underground type headphones in my city I may have to order them online >.>

Gold: 12,286.58
Mar 24 2012 02:39pm
Beats by Dre are very over priced sorry to say.
Sol Republic will probably give you a good run for your money, I have a pair and its good.
Mar 24 2012 02:58pm
I found a pair! and there so awesome <3 em Klipsch One
Gold: 0.00
Mar 25 2012 12:26am
Jabra Sport Wired.
Excelent sound quality, water & sweat proof, comfortable for more than 5 hours!
Gold: 1,239.13
Mar 28 2012 10:44pm
Personally, a huge fan of the Dre Beats. Totally worth the cost in my honest opinion!
Gold: 11.11
Apr 1 2012 08:40pm
Sennheiser has some nice ones in that range. Sony as well. Depends what you are trying to do though, it sounds like you're just trying to get enjoyable headphones, not flat studio phones? I've owned a pair of Sony's and Sennheiser's both in that price range and both were excellent. I used them mainly for listening to music, not for mixing. I own a pair of Shure SRH440's which are also in that price range and they sound great. They are a little low on the low end though, they are a pretty flat headphone. They can be used for mixing pretty accurately as well listening but honestly if you're going for something with specific enhancements like more bass or whatever then you might look at something more specialized like the Dr Dre ones. I personally think the plastic is kind of shitty on them but I've never owned a pair. The bass does sound good on them though but you would never want to mix with those headphones, they would lie to you about your bass frequency's all day. Another company is Bose, I owned a pair of Bose headphones around 300$ at one point and the bass was excellent and very satisfying, but again, I wouldn't mix with them. I don't know the models of the pairs I used to own because they all got lost or broken or something along the way, usually the plastic breaks around the ear if you travel with it roughly, like me lol so I can't help you there but search that price range, you're bound to find something great. Take some time and check out all these companies, they all do things a little differently and some may be more aimed at what you're searching for.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll