d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Starting A Musical Theory/harmony Help Thread
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4.00
Mar 7 2012 05:58pm
So i want to start a musical thread for students and anyone who has questions about theory and harmony.

I can help with any questions going the main points:

1. Rhythm

2. Harmony (mainly diatonic, as in dealing with the standard 8 step progression, anyone who can help or answer questions pertaining to chromatic please lmk)

3. Melody

This does not pertain just to classical music or a certain type of music. even if you have question dealing with a rock or rap song please feel free to ask.

Also anyone who feels they can help or contribute they're knowledge please pm me or post here with a link to profile so i can list you.

Gold: 0.00
Mar 7 2012 10:41pm
Is there any trick to remember which notes form which chords?
For exemple: C chord is made of E G C notes
Is there any logic?

Any other theoric help/tric would be appreciated. Thanks!,
Gold: 0.00
Mar 9 2012 08:05am
Quote (Gxy @ Mar 8 2012 12:41am)
Is there any trick to remember which notes form which chords?
For exemple: C chord is made of E G C notes
Is there any logic?

Any other theoric help/tric would be appreciated. Thanks!,

i think thisw is just something you slowely memorize over time :/

there is a trick, but its easier to just memrorize, i think its something like (bear with me cause i dont actually remember it)

its a list of scale letters, and you put them in orders like

CEGBDFGA

its something like that... but you have to memorize the pattern for each scale

so in the key of C, Cmaj = CEG, Emin=EGB, Gmaj=GBD, Bmin=BDF, Dmin=DFG, F=FGA?, Amin=ACE

I dont know, obviously that is wrong.. You put the scale letters in an order(too many combos to figure out :mad: , i htink maybe it leaves out hte diminished chords or some of the scale idk), and each set of 3 is one of the chords and all the tones in it, like i said though, its probably easier just to memorize them.... The most common ones are ofc maj/min chords, and so its pretty easy to make urself 12 flashcards and just run through them for 10 minutes a day for 2 weeks, and youll have 4ths/5ths/3rds down, after that, its just a matter of figuring 1/2 steps
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll