d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > New Gear > Dunno What Amp And Pedal To Get
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,532.01
Nov 24 2011 12:57pm
I'm buying my new guitar soon, it's an Epiphone SG G-310 but as this is my first guitar I've bought that's not in a package, I need to know which amp to get. I just want a small amp for practising in my room but with good sound etc. I'm also looking for a decent overdrive pedal for getting a sound like the devil wears prada etc, the cheaper the better but I don't mind spending more for better quality ofc, any suggestions appreciated :)
Gold: 4,618.80
Nov 25 2011 03:30am
Er.......... Specific sound wise, dunno what to suggest but here's what I will suggest

Pedal - Boss MetalCore2, it's badass. I love it, evil distortion or heavy crunchy gain.
Amp - You may aswell look at Line-6 stuffs. Some of it is quite cool with the built in effects and whatnot. Some of them allow you to play a chord, the amp will then add drums/bass/2ndguitar and play that chord and change key as you play, clever stuff.

I do NOT recommend the Epiphone SG though. Seriousl poo
Gold: 0.00
Nov 25 2011 04:12am
isnt for that kind of music
humbucking geetahr - heavy distort - fuzz - marshal

dont forget to buy cables who are not too bad!!

an idea would be to get 2-3 songs where you like the guitarsound and go into a musicshop ask the dudes there and try to get along. if you dont get where you wanna get try something different.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll