d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Looking For Easy Sheet Music For Guitar > Hi There, Help Me :p
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Oct 12 2011 05:39pm
ok, ive decided that I want to learn the notes on guitar period, i dont care how boring and lame it is - im goign to do it. better now than later i guess...

anyway, ive read and read, and used fretboard warrior, and fiddled with saying note names as i run thru scales foward and backwards, but ive sort of hit a wall with it. What im looking for is sheet music designed for sight reading up and down the neck but maybe not super difficult (because im not great at guitar anyway). Im just going to push thru it, like i did the very first week on guitar with Cmajor open E - open e. And ill go down 2 or 3 frets and do it again, maybe i can use regular sheet music for this im not sure because its like if something is written in this way im not sure yet if i can even play it farther down the neck without really strange scales, and moving down exactly 12 frets doesnt help me because i already know that, and my guitar really isnt reachable past the 15th fret.

/e i already learned all the 7 major extended scale forms, and their pretty easy to move around(thoughti hvant practiced alot) so i should be able to play any major, or relative minor scale / modes for major scales up and down the neck, i just need the practice not looking and having to find the notes without running thru a scale, or looking at the entire fretboard at once.

Anyone who has experience with this id appreciate any kind of help :p im going to get started tomorro running thru all the beginning songs in learn and master series like bannana boat thing, star spangled banner etc, all those beginner songs like yankee doodle.

/E also i am worried that now that ive learend the 7 patterns, its goign to confuse em more lol, because i dont know if it will get in the way or help... say there is somethign in the key of Eb, i know the patters for Eb major and the modes etc, but say that the song starts down somewhere around the 7th fret, so i start playing eb there on the 6th fret, then theres another song thats in F down around that part of the neck later on.. i dont know if the patterns i already learned are goign to help or hurt that process, anyway, just looking for advice from anyone who has thourougly learned the notes on the fretboard

This post was edited by blunderwonder2 on Oct 12 2011 06:09pm
Oct 12 2011 06:11pm
i think im goign to start with songs that normally only use frets 1-5 on G B e strings, cause those i can defeintly move down the neck 5 or 6 frets and play them at the correct octave
Oct 13 2011 03:41pm
Anybody sight read for guitar? im interested in learning this :P

i started today but theres so many places on the neck to play its going ot take me months to learn this inside out :/
Oct 14 2011 03:06pm
:/

guess i will just write my own crap so i can learn this
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll