d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > 40min Dubstep/dance Mix > Dl And Checkitout
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 186.55
Oct 6 2011 09:10pm
just made this afternoon kinda messing around/ Its got some of my songs and some of the other songs that I enjoy as well. Track listing in the details.
http://soundcloud.com/doctur/fall-break-party-mix-2011
Gold: 0.00
Oct 7 2011 04:36am
This is why I have no respect for dubstep and the similar genres. Anyone can do it effortlessly cause it requires no talent.
Gold: 186.55
Oct 7 2011 11:25am
Quote (DeathPiano @ Oct 7 2011 05:36am)
This is why I have no respect for dubstep and the similar genres. Anyone can do it effortlessly cause it requires no talent.

Thanks dick. I wish you understood how difficult it is to even comprehend the softwares used to produce this stuff. Why don't you go make a dubstep song and show me how easy it is.
As for the DJ'ing, I started in September.
It requires talent, but you can claim it doesn't all you want. It just points out more clearly that you lack talent in general. Lets see something you have made recently.
Oct 7 2011 12:13pm
Quote (Cockney @ Oct 7 2011 01:25pm)
Thanks dick.  I wish you understood how difficult it is to even comprehend the softwares used to produce this stuff.  Why don't you go make a dubstep song and show me how easy it is.
As for the DJ'ing, I started in September. 
It requires talent, but you can claim it doesn't all you want.  It just points out more clearly that you lack talent in general.  Lets see something you have made recently.

I make real music using those softwares. You just suck, sorry brah.

I co-own a studio in downtown Montreal and I'm paid to make music for TV, radio, ads, cartoons, etc.

I actually spent my life playing music and my school years studying it. I'm well able to recognize what requires talent and what doesn't. Dubstep is like the simcity of music. Anyone can do it cause it's fucking easy.

This post was edited by DeathPiano on Oct 7 2011 12:16pm
Oct 7 2011 12:26pm
Quote (DeathPiano @ Oct 7 2011 12:13pm)
I make real music using those softwares. You just suck, sorry brah.

I co-own a studio in downtown Montreal and I'm paid to make music for TV, radio, ads, cartoons, etc.

I actually spent my life playing music and my school years studying it. I'm well able to recognize what requires talent and what doesn't. Dubstep is like the simcity of music. Anyone can do it cause it's fucking easy.

then you should realize that to make these songs, you either use MIDI signals (an instrument based on computer signals played with your computer's keyboard or a MIDI keyboard) or an analog instrument

also since when is the merit of sound based on its difficult to arrange/play? someone's a bit pretentious

This post was edited by Derkaderk on Oct 7 2011 12:28pm
Oct 7 2011 12:30pm
Quote (Derkaderk @ Oct 7 2011 02:26pm)
then you should realize that to make these songs, you either use MIDI signals (an instrument based on computer signals played with your computer's keyboard or a MIDI keyboard) or an analog instrument

also since when is the merit of sound based on its difficult to arrange/play? someone's a bit pretentious

I completely understand your argument. You wouldn't be wrong to say simple music can be amazing. And I agree.

However dubstep is insanely repetitive, simplistic, overdone, easy, irritating and unoriginal.

That's alot of negative adjectives.
Oct 7 2011 12:31pm
Quote (DeathPiano @ Oct 7 2011 12:30pm)
I completely understand your argument. You wouldn't be wrong to say simple music can be amazing. And I agree.

However dubstep is insanely repetitive, simplistic, overdone, easy, irritating and unoriginal.

That's alot of negative adjectives.

true, but there's a reason for it

we just addressed that

so is EVERY genre because people play what they like, and they like what they hear

that's irrelevant

that's your opinion, man

and false
Oct 7 2011 12:39pm
Quote (Derkaderk @ Oct 7 2011 02:31pm)
true, but there's a reason for it

we just addressed that

so is EVERY genre because people play what they like, and they like what they hear

that's irrelevant

that's your opinion, man

and false

There's a reason for the dullness and repetitiveness? Not to mention the similarity between each song. When you have so many instruments to work with with the music programs, variety and originality should be there.
Oct 7 2011 12:42pm
Quote (DeathPiano @ Oct 7 2011 12:39pm)
There's a reason for the dullness and repetitiveness? Not to mention the similarity between each song. When you have so many instruments to work with with the music programs, variety and originality should be there.

only addressing question one and statement two because the third statement is a fallacy:

yes

it's to generate a predictable atmosphere for the crowd. it's pseudodance music. the characteristic tension/release is a huge part of crowd involvement. hence the similar structure. also, I don't find it dull in the slightest

I should also mention the mixing aspect hence the similar drumbeats (just like with house music)

This post was edited by Derkaderk on Oct 7 2011 12:53pm
Oct 7 2011 01:07pm
Quote (Derkaderk @ Oct 7 2011 02:42pm)
only addressing question one and statement two because the third statement is a fallacy:

yes

it's to generate a predictable atmosphere for the crowd. it's pseudodance music. the characteristic tension/release is a huge part of crowd involvement. hence the similar structure. also, I don't find it dull in the slightest

I should also mention the mixing aspect hence the similar drumbeats (just like with house music)

Might as well just make ONE track ppl like and loop it till the end of days then.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll